Yeyyy Silver! Awwww, not Silver?!

Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Yeyyy Silver! Awwww, not Silver?!

Morning All,

So firstly after our LGW-RAK registered across the system we have hit Silver. This was our goal and have done it as leisure travellers on a little under 6 months. Obviously we've been keanly tracking things on the BA app and this morning we saw that whilst it still said we were Bronze the TP's had hit pushing us to 640 & easily within Silver. Thanks to you lovely people we also knew that the app is bloody useless at certain things and showing status/ correct next tier info is one of it's many faults.

I've brought the laptop away with me though so after breakfast decided to login so I could see the shiny Silver banner etc etc. Crestfallen I saw the Bronze remains. Whilst I'd like to see this displaying correctly it's the end of the world however I then went to book some seats and despite the website saying i'm silver it still wanted us to pay for said seats. It's an existing booking and the OB seats were paid for back when we were Bronze but we decided we could wait to reserve the RTN leg for free. Is this why it's not automatically allowing us to do free seat selection, is it a bug on the website( rather than the app) or is it just being a b**ch and not letting me have my fun?

***additional: OB/ Silver awarding flight was sector 11 and all sectors have been flown on BA Metal.
Have gone Blue-Bronze-Silver in 6 months having never been BAEC members before

Lastly but by no means least Mrs Clam & I would like to thank you all for the help, guidance, knowledge sharing and corrections offered since I joined FT. You've taught us some great little tips n tricks & just in general made life flying a little more fun & enjoyable and for that we're both VERY grateful.

640, the new Bronze

Then why.......

..... this?

Last edited by Prospero; Nov 8, 2018 at 2:04 am Reason: cropped out visible URL containing personal data (second image)
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Patience, it will transmogrify in a day or two. There are some notes on the timing you can find via the dashboard.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Patience,
Not my best known quality lol - Thanks @bisonrav
aidy, adrianlondon and alex67500 like this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Not my best known quality lol - Thanks @bisonrav
In the absence of that quality, a search of this forum may also assist. More information here:

A brief guide to moving between Tiers in the BAEC
KeaneJohn, TWCLAM and kosy91 like this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
TWCLAM / Mr Powers - has no-one ever shown you 'Print Screen' or the 'Snipping Tool'...? I can't believe you've just uploaded photographs of a computer screen!!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Coffee was not in effect, brain( as ever) was not working, and again my lack of patience! Am aware of the snipping tool, even have it pinned to my taskbar. Forgot to use it
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:56 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Is your first name Austin?
sparkswillfly likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Is your first name Austin?
I was just about to post the same question!
Groooovy.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: BA, SQ
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Crestfallen I saw the Bronze remains.
As it does with your profile in here
"Programs: BAEC-Bronze, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, HH-Silver, IHG,"

Surely status is more important in here than on BA and you can actually amend this one straight away
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wong Jnr
As it does with your profile in here
"Programs: BAEC-Bronze, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, HH-Silver, IHG,"

Surely status is more important in here than on BA and you can actually amend this one straight away
@Wong Jnr - naturally showing status on FT IS the most important place! Don't want to do it till it's showing properly on BAEC though lest I get told im lying.

To everyone else. The "Austin" question is one I may have been asked once or 20,000 times it's not though i'm sorry to say.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Even once it updates to Silver you may find that you can't select seats for free on an existing booking. It just takes a call to the Silver line where I think they removed my BAEC number from the booking and then re-entered it, which refreshed its opinion of my status. I was then able to go online and choose my seats - they did offer to do it for me but I wanted to look at the availability on screen. Oddly this was necessary for one of the (I think) three existing bookings I had; the other two worked for seat selection without intervention. Go figure.

(Unless they have fixed that particular bug of course.)
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
Even once it updates to Silver you may find that you can't select seats for free on an existing booking. It just takes a call to the Silver line where I think they removed my BAEC number from the booking and then re-entered it, which refreshed its opinion of my status. I was then able to go online and choose my seats - they did offer to do it for me but I wanted to look at the availability on screen. Oddly this was necessary for one of the (I think) three existing bookings I had; the other two worked for seat selection without intervention. Go figure.

(Unless they have fixed that particular bug of course.)
or do it yourself using finnair's site, ie remove FFN, save, add back FFN
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by gingerlucy
Even once it updates to Silver you may find that you can't select seats for free on an existing booking.
Coincidentally, I flew Monday evening and got the tier points I needed to make Silver before my collection year ended today. Phew - just made it! Anyway, the tier points credited yesterday but the website still said I was bronze (although, as shown above, it does say "You have achieved silver" elsewhere on the page). Today, the website and app updated my status and I went into the two short-haul Y bookings I have next month and selected the emergency exit seats for both. So the bug you mention does appear to have been fixed. Or, more likely knowing BA's IT systems, it's temperamental.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Foltan
TWCLAM / Mr Powers - has no-one ever shown you 'Print Screen' or the 'Snipping Tool'...? I can't believe you've just uploaded photographs of a computer screen!!
I have people sending me these daily, yesterday 2 files each 15MB of a photo of a screen, cos the organisation wouldn't let the user connect to my secure encrypted webportal. So he emailed instead.....

Your Silver will appear in a day or two, still waiting for my bag tags and physical card from 5 weeks ago though.
Foltan likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 6:42 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Petrus
I was just about to post the same question!
Groooovy.
nice!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.