FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Waterside, LCY and T5 all featured on The Apprentice (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1939454-waterside-lcy-t5-all-featured-apprentice.html)

Sixth Freedom Nov 1, 2018 5:33 am

BA to feature in the Lorshugger Show

In the next episode of the Lorshugger Show (also known as The Apprentice) a single aisle BA plane at London City and a BA long range cabin (probably a mock up) will feature as the candidates attempt to develop a marketing campaign for a new budget airline. In the boardroom, an emergency exit...

Should be a classic! :D:)

babats Nov 1, 2018 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom (Post 30380368)
In the next episode of the Lorshugger Show (also known as The Apprentice) a single aisle BA plane at London City and a BA long range cabin (probably a mock up) will feature as the candidates attempt to develop a marketing campaign for a new budget airline. In the boardroom, an emergency exit...

Let's hope WW/AC don't watch it and get any ideas

Pascoe Nov 1, 2018 7:04 am

Well one team is already called 'Typhoon' right? Unless I misheard and it was Typhoo (which I would love). I have no idea what the other gaggle of idiots and failed used car salespeople are called.

T8191 Nov 1, 2018 7:12 am

I shall watch with my usual horror at the usual arrogance and ignorance of the current bunch of cretinous characters. If this is the potential management class of this generation, I fear greatly for the Nation’s future.

And ... harrumph! ;)

stu1985 Nov 1, 2018 7:23 am

Developing a marketing campaign for a budget airline and they use BA in the episode..... troll level: MAX.

dodgeflyer Nov 1, 2018 7:32 am

All very fitting tbh.

All talk all about how stellar they are and no follow-through! On brand for both.

HIDDY Nov 1, 2018 7:36 am

Is this a kids programme?

T8191 Nov 1, 2018 7:38 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 30380715)
Is this a kids programme?

Yes. :D

Well, the Adult content is minimised.

HIDDY Nov 1, 2018 7:46 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 30380720)
Yes. :D

Well, the Adult content is minimised.

Thanks...never seen it.

aidy Nov 1, 2018 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom (Post 30380368)

The LH cabin looked like a 52J 744 (as it was the old upholstery)

Deltus Nov 1, 2018 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by aidy (Post 30380831)
The LH cabin looked like a 52J 744 (as it was the old upholstery)

I don't think it's a real aircraft - if you pause it on the interior shot, you can see that the "handle" on the window blinds is at the top of each window, although the windows are all covered. I know some exit rows have "upside-down" blinds, but don't think there's any aircraft where that's the case for the entire cabin, is there?

On a separate note, the resolution on iPlayer isn't good enough to read the registration of the Embraer on the runway at LCY, but it looks like a 170 from the length I think. Do you think it was filmed during the weekend curfew? Is there ever enough slack in the LCY schedule to have time to get a bunch of pedestrians and a Rolls Royce onto the runway and off again? From the shadows, it looks like this stunt was filmed around midday, so couldn't have been an early summer morning before the BA002 arrival.

CloudGazer Nov 7, 2018 4:27 pm

Waterside, LCY and T5 all featured on The Apprentice

This evening's episode of The Apprentice featured an E190 and the candidates on the runway at LCY, some parts of LCY departures, Waterside including some filming inside a training plane interior and some brief shots in T5 landside.

The Apprentice is my guilty pleasure but painful to watch at times. Particularly this week! The show is available on iPlayer.

South London Bon Viveur Nov 7, 2018 4:46 pm

Was the challenge about which team could make the most from BoB?

itsmeitisss Nov 7, 2018 8:55 pm

But Cityflyer flights from LCY don't have BOB, so that would definitely be DEFT SLIGHT OF HAND ;)

bmibaby737 Nov 8, 2018 12:29 am

Both concepts were awful, it was just a case of picking the least awful.

Jetpop was hilarious though.