Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Club World and Concorde Dining at IAD

Note: in the Club World Dining section, the food offering ends about 1 hour before departure of flight BA292.
Print Wikipost

BA Lounge and Concorde Dining at IAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by T8191
It's not an intuitive lounge, either on access or timing or layout.

Apart from the BA opening hour of 1430, new users will benefit from walking all the way to the far end to explore, and then also investigate fully the access to the side rooms! I've seen comments here that people couldn't find the self-serve food [soup, wraps, etc.] - you have to go all the way to the end, and look around!
IME this principle is true for many lounges. Often you can find empty areas and quiet places to work if you walk farther into the lounge and look for those hidden rooms. Sometimes there are goodies like champagne if you know where to find it or aware that you can ask for it to be served to you.
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, United Premier 1K, HSBC Premier, AVIS President's Club, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by twa777
And a rather different experience between the two as well. The Club World sit-down area is still buffet service -- even serve-yourself wine out of a machine -- while First allows you to order off a menu, so a bit like Concorde Room service (though IMO not to the same level of quality).
My guess is there wasn't enough space (or it wasn't cost effective to pay for enough space) for separate business and first lounges so they've ended up with a kind of Washminster compromise.

Given most passengers flying BA out of IAD are probably traveling direct from Washington DC to London, or from DC via London to somewhere else, it's not an airport where BA passengers are likely to spend lengthy layovers. I think the point of the sit-down dining is to give passengers on later flights the option to eat before boarding so they can skip dinner on board and go straight to sleep.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: BA GGL. Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
I was in the IAD lounge last night and it was busy probably due to the 86J 747. The flight was very full. There was also an announcement for Aer Lingus passengers to board so they are obviously accepting entry for them as well.
Finger food and soup was available in the normal place at the far end of the lounge before the bar area. The buffet was for club only.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
BWI lounge had a problem for a while with US domestic use when they first opened up the new security. Thankfully resolved now - IAD loads probably also vary (2/3 flights per day) and clearly load factors of eligible people - thursdays us-uk seem busy.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I have a full review of the IAD BA lounge (including Club World Pre-Flight Supper and photos of Concorde Dining) in my report here:

Operation Oahu: British Airways Club and American Airlines First Class to Hawaii
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: British Airways Exec Silver, AmEx Platinum, PP
Is it a galleries lounge or an unbranded “Business” lounge?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:20 pm

Hi genius. I would love to read your review but the link won’t work. Are you able to reply with working link. Thanks,
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:24 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by baexecsilver_eu1
Hi genius. I would love to read your review but the link won’t work. Are you able to reply with working link. Thanks,
The link works fine for me.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The link works fine for me.
There is no report of IAD lounge or club / concord dining on link
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by baexecsilver_eu1

There is no report of IAD lounge or club / concord dining on link
Yes, there is. The trip report is in installments and consists of a number of posts. You need to continue to scroll down until you will find a post that starts "IAD-LHR".
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:16 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
Clicking the above link gets: Page not found
So baexecsilver_eu1 is not the only one unable to read the trip report.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by LPQ
Clicking the above link gets: Page not found
So baexecsilver_eu1 is not the only one unable to read the trip report.
out kf interest, are you using a phone, I often get this when using my phone with links of FT, although eventually it works
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:48 pm

I fly out of IAD on Ba usually once a year on award tickets. I am a ow sapphire. I have never been asked what class I was flying at the business buffet? YMMV
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:03 am

Bumping this thread as I didn't see it addressed here: Does flying CX in J get access to IAD Club dining (assuming they get there before the last BA J pax leave to board) or is that specifically for J pax flying BA?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Bumping this thread as I didn't see it addressed here: Does flying CX in J get access to IAD Club dining (assuming they get there before the last BA J pax leave to board) or is that specifically for J pax flying BA?
I can only speak for the last 20+ trips we’ve done ex-IAD in the early evening (1830-ish departure). So, from 1430 until say 1830 it’s BA only, pure and simple, due to space constraints. I have no idea what happens later ... what time are you looking at?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.