Community
Wiki Posts
Search

G-XLEE returning to LHR squawking 7700

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Just behind one of the pax in the fast track immigration. Engine failure.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
GLA can't normally take an A380, the Emirates visit was a one off with lots of planning and special permission. The runway isn't strong enough. Not sure about PIK, but probably doesn't have any equipment to de-plane the passengers either.
I'm guessing in a true emergency, they would try to land there and use the emergency evacuation slides.
Tell that to Emirates when they start flying the A380 to Glasgow next year... Work is under way to the gate area to accommodate it and there are no planned works to do anything to the runway...
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: HH - Gold, BA - Blue
Originally Posted by CDG1
Ground Speed

18 kts
taxiing to the gate
That's completely normal.

Originally Posted by CDG1
They are now at T5
FR24 has turned off the comms.
It'll be the Flight Deck.

Last edited by Orange.Man; Nov 6, 2018 at 2:46 pm Reason: Reduced acronyms.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:57 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by SonTech
Tell that to Emirates when they start flying the A380 to Glasgow next year... Work is under way to the gate area to accommodate it and there are no planned works to do anything to the runway...
Really? When was that announced? The feeling was that the introduction of the EDI flight had reduced the need for further GLA expansion (for now).
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Really? When was that announced? The feeling was that the introduction of the EDI flight had reduced the need for further GLA expansion (for now).
Indeed. News to me. I would have thought it would have been well publicised by now if that were the case. As well as the EDI flight, a third 777 is more likely at GLA I would have thought.
An A380 to GLA has long been rumoured, but my friend is a fireman at GLA, he says a regular service just isn't possible without runway improvements, taxiway and apron upgrades, as well as a dedicated airbridge. The previous one off visit had to jump through many hoops before it was approved.
As a Glasgow resident, I'd love to see it though !

What is your source SonTech ?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
Indeed. News to me. I would have thought it would have been well publicised by now if that were the case. As well as the EDI flight, a third 777 is more likely at GLA I would have thought.
An A380 to GLA has long been rumoured, but my friend is a fireman at GLA, he says a regular service just isn't possible without runway improvements, taxiway and apron upgrades, as well as a dedicated airbridge. The previous one off visit had to jump through many hoops before it was approved.
As a Glasgow resident, I'd love to see it though !

What is your source SonTech ?
Hasn't been announced yet but there have been murmurings for a number of months now that they'll be introducing it next year. A planning application was lodged a year back or so for an extension to the west pier which was accepted this summer. One of the documents in the link says that the extension will accommodate three jetbridges and an upper floor extension, which suggests that this is to accommodate an A380. Presumably they wouldn't be doing this work if they didn't have confirmation from EK that they intend on sending an A380 in the near future. As a fellow Glasgow resident, I would also be excited to see it!

Apologies for the off-topic post.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:32 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

To avoid going further OT regarding EK A380 at GLA, please continue here :-

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30402911-post116.html
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by eugegall
They've had 4 hours to prepare the hotels.
comedy gold
wrp96 and LSunbury like this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/768705...itish-airways/
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
The Sun headline just makes me imagine if the Terminator had a Scottish accent rather than a German one. Sorry to any Scots, but it would seem a fair bit less compelling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.