Wiki Posts
Search

BA silver status question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:41 am
Original Poster

BA silver status question

Hi
I have a flight booked for the end of the month and after I've completed that, it will take me to silver status.

I have another booking for January that I've already made.
Will I be able to choose a seat for free after I get my silver status?

Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Tomallen123
Hi
I have a flight booked for the end of the month and after I've completed that, it will take me to silver status.

I have another booking for January that I've already made.
Will I be able to choose a seat for free after I get my silver status?

Thanks
Yes you will.. and congrats in advance
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club
Another Silver question,

I fly HEL>LHR>EDI in CE on the 21st of this month which will take me to Silver. I fly GLA>LGW>MCO in WTP on the 23rd of this month what are the chances my status will be updated and I can use the benefits for my LH flight?

Thanks in advance

Colnic2011

Congrats OP on reaching Silver
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:28 am

Slim I'd say. You need to allow time for points to credit (normally up to 24 hours) and then a couple of days for status to update. But it might happen.
Colnic2011 and KeaneJohn like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Colnic2011
Another Silver question,

I fly HEL>LHR>EDI in CE on the 21st of this month which will take me to Silver. I fly GLA>LGW>MCO in WTP on the 23rd of this month what are the chances my status will be updated and I can use the benefits for my LH flight?

Thanks in advance

Colnic2011

Congrats OP on reaching Silver
No chance, sadly. However I have once succeeded explaining the situation to the lounge attendants who were understanding
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club
Originally Posted by thebigben
No chance, sadly. However I have once succeeded explaining the situation to the lounge attendants who were understanding
Will give it a try worst that they can say is no I suppose.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
You might just squeak in with one of these BA App anomalies, where the points post but your status is not yet officially updated. This was day after flying the trip that got me to gold - despite saying that gold had been achieved, the app still showed me as a silver member. That would certainly make it worth asking.
Colnic2011 likes this.

Last edited by vintagepilot; Nov 6, 2018 at 7:52 am Reason: edit image to cloak bar code
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
You might just squeak in with one of these BA App anomalies, where the points post but your status is not yet officially updated. This was day after flying the trip that got me to gold - despite saying that gold had been achieved, the app still showed me as a silver member. That would certainly make it worth asking.
That's the usual process, see the guide:

A brief guide to moving between Tiers in the BAEC

Day 0: Take final flight.

Day 1: There has been an overnight update of Tier Points, and your BAEC homepage and the BA App now show you as having reached exactly 1500TP. You should expect to still show as a Silver Member at this point. Note that flights that arrive at their destination in the evening will likely miss this overnight update, and so post the following day instead.

Day 2: It is likely that today will be an even more confusing day, as you will still show as a Silver member in terms of the background, the “My Tier Points” section, and anywhere a small visual of the card is represented on the homepage. However underneath your Tier Points you should see this:

“You have achieved Gold membership”

Day 3: Following a further overnight update, everything is now in synch. Your App has changed colour, and you can view a digital copy of your shiny new card. Everything is as it should be.
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
It's not just the app. I've seen the same phenomenon on ba.com.
Colnic2011 likes this.

Last edited by Prospero; Nov 6, 2018 at 7:04 am Reason: remove image from quote
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG, Nandos
How do you make the background on the account page different like this?! Or am I missing something...

Last edited by Prospero; Nov 6, 2018 at 7:04 am Reason: remove image from quote
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by abersoch3254
How do you make the background on the account page different like this?! Or am I missing something...
The colour / picture is dictated by your status level.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:40 am

Another Silver question. I booked LH flight while Blue and paid for emergency exit seat. Will reach Silver soon, will I get booted out from seat as I understand Silvers can't book EE seats?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by flyslow
I understand Silvers can't book EE seats?
They can't have them for free, not can't book them at all. You can still pay for them which you have already done.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyslow
Another Silver question. I booked LH flight while Blue and paid for emergency exit seat. Will reach Silver soon, will I get booted out from seat as I understand Silvers can't book EE seats?
if you paid for the seat i don't see why you would be removed from it once you become silver?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:46 am

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.