Wiki Posts
Search

BA244/245 LHR-EZE menus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: ba,VIRGIN
BA244/245 LHR-EZE menus

Any one know what the menu in Economy please?
Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Dinner and hot breakfast each way.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by dundalkspur
Thanks
Boredom. And plenty of it. BA's oldest IFE system (ie smallest amount of movies) and two 13 hour flights to enjoy it.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by alexwuk
Boredom. And plenty of it. BA's oldest IFE system (ie smallest amount of movies) and two 13 hour flights to enjoy it.
Made a man of me.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by dundalkspur
Thanks
Originally Posted by alexwuk
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Made a man of me.
Best tip I can give you - pay extra for extra legroom on the outbound flight - you'll sleep like a baby! I got sat there on a last minute booking and it was the best i've ever slept on a plane (in economy) by a long way!
HIDDY likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: Gold Actually
People on this forum don't fly economy - so I doubt if you will get an decent answer......
RoyalSwazi likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:27 am

Take your own choice of snacks, too. There are very long periods without any service on these flights apart from lukewarm water and orange juice offered now and again.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by lev441
Best tip I can give you - pay extra for extra legroom on the outbound flight - you'll sleep like a baby!
You mean wake up every couple of hours screaming?
RoyalSwazi likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Blue
Last time I flew the route I pre-ordered and paid extra for a special meal. My partner was impressed and has demanded we do that again next time (though I am hoping to be able to afford business via miraculous sale - one can dream!) They are not cheap (between Ł15 and Ł18) so whether or not they are worth it is a matter of some debate.

Think otherwise you get a choice between a pasta or chicken dish. There was water and juice available during the flight from the galley, and some snacks too though they ran out at some point.
Breakfast was the same for everyone, a take on a traditional cooked breakfast that was quite edible.

Take snacks if likely to be awake the whole flight.

\"Vegetarian kitchen"

\"Gourmet dining"
Old Nov 7, 2018, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
You mean wake up every couple of hours screaming?
Haha actually I slept pretty much six hours straight... First time that i've ever done that in economy.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by lev441
Haha actually I slept pretty much six hours straight... First time that i've ever done that in economy.
Well done..can't even manage a doze on a plane..never mind in economy :-P
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:54 am

Made a man of me.
I thought that was deep fried Mars bars
HIDDY likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Gold +++
Allthough this tread is about the EZE menu, be aware of the extremely worn-out aircrafts BA seems to operate on this route. We did the lap in September / October, and honestly the 777 was a dirty old wreck. Electricity not working in Club, so could not watch movies on laptop. IFE horrible. One restroom closed. 2,5 hrs from take-off to dinner served. Outbound crew was definitely not on duty to perform service, greedy on wine, had to ask for top-up several times. Can´t remember what we ate, and that says something about the food.
Another thing that still surprises me on BA night flights, is how crew in general seem to ignore the fact that people are trying to sleep, inches away from their heavy footsteps hammering up and down the ailes. "Soft walking" is obviously not a topic at the BA training.... Try Qatar, Emirates, Singapore, Lufthansa on long-haul night flights, they are dead silent in comparison.
Even with noice cancelling headphones and flatbed, we could only manage to get in few hours of disrupted sleep. Will most likely try another airline for our next trip to EZE, as BA really did not deliver on neither the hard nor soft product on this route. 27 hours round-trip LHR (or FRA etc) deserves better.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:58 am

Made a man of me.
I always take my Kindle with books/movies/tv shows on it regardless of IFE rather than depend on what may be on (if its working) or not. That way I at least know there is something worth watching..although I spend more time just staring out the window :-)
HIDDY likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by argonath
I always take my Kindle with books/movies/tv shows on it regardless of IFE rather than depend on what may be on (if its working) or not. That way I at least know there is something worth watching..although I spend more time just staring out the window :-)
For all of the threads lamenting the end of the golden age of the "flag carrier," people somehow managed to get by for some number of years without entertainment provided by the carrier. They had these things called books which can still be found in some places.
HIDDY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.