Wiki Posts
Search

Great Service from GGL Team & BA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
Great Service from GGL Team & BA

i called to see my options when changing a ticket for 2 adults and one Infant , the issue my daughter would be over 2 when we fly , so i expected to have to pay further miles etc as she would need her own seat, but i was wrong BA have moved the flight to April and have added a seat for my daughter without cost. all done within a 5 minute phone call
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Ummmm... Is your daughter over 2 in April? If so, you'll likely find she still has an infant ticket on the new booking and you'll need to pay.

Is this a miles booking?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Agree there is something that sounds wrong here.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Yes over 2 , I was quite clear when called and the question was passed over to a supervisor , due to being on the return leg , a seat would be provided , booking has been updated to show this
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Agree there is something that sounds wrong here.
to be honest I didn’t believe it would be possible but I read something on headforpoints that it may be allowed and his reporting is true
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Ummmm... Is your daughter over 2 in April? If so, you'll likely find she still has an infant ticket on the new booking and you'll need to pay.

Is this a miles booking?
miles booking in first
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
So is this a return trip, where your daughter is under two on the outbound leg, and turns two before the return leg? In which case isn’t BA’s (generous) policy that you only pay the infant fare for the entire return trip, but your child will get a seat for the return leg?

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/family-travel/tickets-and-travel-documents

“Infants who become children while travelling - If you're travelling with an infant who reaches the age of 2 during their journey, your child will need their own seat for any flights on and after their 2nd birthday. We won’t charge you extra for this; you'll only pay the infant fare for the entire journey.”
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Ah, so she's under 2 on the outbound but turns two on the trip? Then yes, that's correct.

It's a published BA policy as you can see here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...avel-documents
Cymro and Anonba like this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Contador
So is this a return trip, where your daughter is under two on the outbound leg, and turns two before the return leg? In which case isn’t BA’s (generous) policy that you only pay the infant fare for the entire return trip, but your child will get a seat for the return leg?

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/family-travel/tickets-and-travel-documents

“Infants who become children while travelling - If you're travelling with an infant who reaches the age of 2 during their journey, your child will need their own seat for any flights on and after their 2nd birthday. We won’t charge you extra for this; you'll only pay the infant fare for the entire journey.”
What a great policy , saved me quite a few miles from Singapore to London

Thanks for the reply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.