Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club
Help me spend my points

So here's the situation I have:
113k points
3 companion vouchers expiring 16-Oct-2020 19-Oct-2019 & 07-Nov-2018
We are a family of 3: 2 Adults and 1 Child (aged 4)
Based in Northern England - Nearest Airports Leeds or Manchester

I'd like to put my points to some use but have no idea at all how I should spend them, I am absolutely open as to where we go on a holiday I just want to put them to good use, we've just done 7 nights in Dubai which was awesome and that could be an option or maybe further afield like Hong Kong / Singapore or the US.

Any suggestions are welcome, I just want some help and advice as to what to do with them?

Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
My immediate concern would be that 113k Avios may not get you very far. It was 137,500 for our last 2-4-1 to CPT in CW. No idea about lower cabins, as we don’t use them!

have you looked at baredemptionfinder?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Sadly a 113,000 won't get you very far and in any event the fees BA charge are huge. You might wish to look at CW to CAI for 2 or TLV in F for 2 which but the fees the fees will be close to £1000 for 2.

Istanbul is 80,000 return in club, albeit BAs definition of club using a short haul seat. 2 x 241 should be possible and the fees are just £50 each as this is an RFS route.

These prices are ex LHR and a club return from MAN of Leeds will set you back 18,000 miles each peak plus £50 fees each. They could be tagged onto any ex LHR but would not be a great use of you miles
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
As someone who will have 110k avios after my current trip to Japan posts I feel in a similar boat. After a aouple of long haul, a couple of European trips and 150 UK domestic sectors seems to have been fairly avios worthless.

My current thinking is buy in some champagne from the avios shop and/or use part pay with avios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.