Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room Entry Policy in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Maybe it is time that BA moved away from past glories, after all it is 15+ years since Concorde last flew. I do not see Air France still using the branding.

If they are insisting on continuing the theme, why not the Comet and Trident lounges instead of GF and GC.
watersign likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: QF, BA, VA
Thanks folks I thought that was the case....this will be my first time in three years not flying on to SYD in F with BA, but I'm sure I will cope. There will be tears of course and immense sadness and a pathetic begging performance at the lounge entry. It will be disappointing not being able to continuously leave and re-enter the CCR Bar, ensuring that the poor folk without access get a brief glimpse of, mmmmmmm, well, the rather dark and small space with no windows. To be fair the lovely staff in the CCR Bar make a decent cuppa so I will miss that!!

Fingers crossed for the points upgrade on QF so that I can sit in the QF Lounge reserved area, looking very important. Do the pressures of being a DYKWIA ever end?

.........having said all of that, and having visited the lounge once a month for the last three years I suspect I will at least be able to work out the code for the door. Maybe I can just stand outside and open the door every 15 mins so I look important!*

*NB I have failed to post anything meaningful in almost nine years...and I am not going to start now!!!
IntVic likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I quite like the CCB at SIN, it’s quiet and relaxing but I do agree with you about branding, if the ‘Concorde’ name is used then perhaps it should allow access to CCR Cardholders travelling down the back.

They have now rebranded it to: THE BAR
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by want2goeverywhere
And you can make your own guesses as to how much they've paid image consultants to come up with that revolutionary idea...
want2goeverywhere likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 3:52 am

come November there should be a Qantas first lounge next door. Will undoubtedly be nicer than the Concorde cupboard
orbitmic and Cymro like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by u07ch
come November there should be a Qantas first lounge next door. Will undoubtedly be nicer than the Concorde cupboard
Very much looking forward to it! I have several SIN flights in coming months but sadly only my December ones are likely to be post QF F lounge opening!
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:51 am

Was quickly in and out of "The Bar" on Monday (in the vain hope that it would have changed under its new name) and remain of the view that it's no more than an ego massage!
As an aside, does any fellow regular on this thread share my perception that Changi has become a bit less than its previous efficient self? Immigration seems slower these days, but perhaps I'm just unlucky - I really felt for the BA11 crew who lined up for 20mins last Friday after a long working night. (Even more off topic, but surely one day someone will find a way to enable processing during a 14hr flight rather than imposing a wait on the tired hordes at the end, at least for aircrew if not the rest of us?). For normal passengers, SIN seems one of the few places to still insist on a dozen individual immigration queues rather than a single line fanning out to the first available desk, with the result that one problem passenger can hold up dozens.
Also, BA boarding has often been a shambles of late. On last Monday's BA15 there were no effective premium lines before entering the gate lounge (despite a forlorn waist-high fast-track sign in the midst of the crowd) and for some reason, duplicated passport checks while queueing, one by police & one just a few minutes later by a private contractor (CERTIS?).

Last edited by Bullswood; Jul 24, 2019 at 6:33 am
Old Jul 24, 2019, 6:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by want2goeverywhere
They have indeed. I've visited it several times this last few weeks. The name was changed to prevent access confusion (no CCR Cards) and strictly BA First passengers only. One of the staff said they understood that it was decided not to call it the 'First Bar' also to prevent access confusion (no Golds).
Old Jul 24, 2019, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Very much looking forward to it! I have several SIN flights in coming months but sadly only my December ones are likely to be post QF F lounge opening!
I called in to the Qantas Lounge last night and could see no sign of work. Do you know where the First Lounge will be situated?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:21 am

D pier, so remote from current location near C. Better for QF & BA A380 pax.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Bullswood
D pier, so remote from current location near C. Better for QF & BA A380 pax.
Thank for that, it certainly explains why I couldn't see the work!
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Bullswood
Immigration seems slower these days, but perhaps I'm just unlucky
It took nearly 90 minutes to get through the immigration off one of my recent BA flights. A chap behind me said it happened to him recently too.

I suspect it's becoming a bit of a pattern, sadly. It never used to take more than 15 minutes.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Time has passed since I last replied to this thread and I actually got into The Bar, just to find out is basically an empty, dark freezer not really worth the allure that surrounds it.

I guess it really makes sense only for people really minded about their privacy.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Sitting in ‘The Bar Singapore’ now and the the temperature is actually OK.
Several comments above in the thread about immigration queues, but my arrival on BA11 was fine and very little time queueing (compared to arriving on a MS flight from KUL earlier where it was over 45 mins). I think it really depends upon the time of day. BA11 crew reckoned it would be quick and they were right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.