Definition of an "Eligible" Flight

Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Definition of an "Eligible" Flight

Hello,

I recently travelled on an Iberia flight with an IB flight number. It was booked on Iberia's website and I quoted my Iberia Executive Number....and the Avios was credited to my Iberia account

Can this flight be considered as an "eligible flight" for the purposes of retaining my BA Executive status...??

My gut feel is that you can fly Iberia, but it would have to be booked on BA's website to count as an "eligible" flight...does it matter though whose Executive club you have the Avios credited to...??

What's the criteria...??

Chris
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
IB operated by IB should be an eligible flight for BA status, but only if you credit it to BAEC.

For these purposes, it doesn't ever matter where you book the flight.

You need to be on a BA-operated flight.

Or you need to have bought the BA code on a flight operated by anyone.

Or you need to have bought the IB code on an IB-operated flight.

And in every case, the flight has to be one that earns Avios and TPs in BAEC. Then it will be one of your two or four eligible flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.