Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Berlin Tegel - Which Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; AB Platinum; Hilton Diamond
British Airways is now serving packed sandwiches. Maybe they are not that healthy like the one they made on their own earlier, but the new ones are imho tastier.
In contrast to the BA Lounge, the Airport Club is offering german sausage with bread.

For me it depends on what I want to snack before the flight when it comes to choose a lounge, but yea you should definitely lower your expectation for lounges at Berlin.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dougzz
The lounges at Tegel are not good. The beauty of Tegel is the location, turn up as late as possible, and walk from your taxi/bus to the gate in 2 minutes. The security queues at the gate are not fun.
That's pretty much what I would say. The LH SEN lounge is quite nice. I really enjoy it. The BA lounge has its charms for those of us who have been there probably 1 million times!

Originally Posted by fransknorge
I always leave my luggage in the lounge when I go outside to the bathroom. The nearest is not downstair but on the same level: go to the Starbuck in front and turn right.
I always leave my luggage in the lounge if I need to go to the toilet. No one ever said anything.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Maybe I am strange, but I like the BA lounge at TXL. It's quirky, but comfortable.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dcmike
Maybe I am strange, but I like the BA lounge at TXL. It's quirky, but comfortable.
With power outlets only for the initiated.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Misco60
In my experience, the lounge agents always tell guests to take their luggage with them, and there are signs in the lounge saying that luggage must not be left unattended.

The nearest toilets are just past Starbucks, but you still have to go down and up a few stairs.
Perhaps the easier solution would be to use the restroom before you go to the lounge...

Hopefully, at Tegel, one isn't showing up 5 hours prior to their flight or something.

Regards
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Had a really nice sandwich in the TXL BA lounge last month - I was expecting a dire lounge but it’s actually quite nice.

YMMV of course
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by dcmike
I agree.

But I never use it. The beauty of Tegel is the ability to roll up 45 mins before your flight and breeze straight through to the plane. Never change, please
dcmike likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by tsmnc
British Airways is now serving packed sandwiches. Maybe they are not that healthy like the one they made on their own earlier, but the new ones are imho tastier.
In contrast to the BA Lounge, the Airport Club is offering german sausage with bread.

For me it depends on what I want to snack before the flight when it comes to choose a lounge, but yea you should definitely lower your expectation for lounges at Berlin.
Gosh. Given the current catering arrangements in Economy Class, I imagine a large quantity fo them will end up in carry-ons.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
I'm unsure if the management company changed or whether it was just a change of personnel just over a year ago but there's been a marked improvement to the TXL lounge since then. The notable differences have been the attentiveness of the staff and some small food improvements.

It's still not the best of lounges, particularly from a catering point of view but I've warmed to it over time!
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by CloudGazer
I'm unsure if the management company changed or whether it was just a change of personnel just over a year ago but there's been a marked improvement to the TXL lounge since then. The notable differences have been the attentiveness of the staff and some small food improvements.

It's still not the best of lounges, particularly from a catering point of view but I've warmed to it over time!
The manager used to work for BA before they outsourced everything, and was incredibly helpful when a friend of mine was treated abominably by the dreadful Aerogrund staff recently.
CloudGazer likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
But the best are around the corner.... the accessible toilets....
Originally Posted by Misco60
I.

The nearest toilets are just past Starbucks, but you still have to go down and up a few stairs.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:44 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Is there still a mountain of boiled eggs throughout the day at the BA lounge?
I haven't been there for ages.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Inc Amb
Hi all,

Thanks for the responses I think we'll plan for minimal time in the lounge (as opposed to T5 where my wife will think the First Lounge is wonderful).
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:30 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
I've been through TXL a few times over the last few weeks, and it's been a while since I've bothered with the lounge. It's not that it is bad, it's just a bit of a pain getting there. So I arrive later and go through and buy a drink at the stall in the gate area.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Ahh, good old times/memories.... I believe the egg pyramide is gone.
Aside from TXL layout and inadequate lounge and such, the staff there is exzeptionell! Professional, helpful and always friendly!

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Is there still a mountain of boiled eggs throughout the day at the BA lounge?
I haven't been there for ages.
LTN Phobia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.