Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich Airport Lounge World

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Discovered today that the old BA lounge was closed and we need to used the World one.
What a surprise 10 times better!
Hope it's a definite change and not only while they are refurbishing the old one...
Basically it's the lounge for all the long haul non LH flights so mainly Middle East.
No photos sorry but room (2 in fact as you have showers and quiet area upstairs) is very big/clean/modern, food much better (4 quite decent warm options plus nice cold buffet) and drinks as well (house red is Chateau Belgrave 09).
Really hope it will remain the official BA lounge (or the new one will be at the same level).
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: BA EC
The lounge is so stylish and with comfortable seats. Much better than the old BA lounge.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:06 am

Currently looking at a long-ish stopover at this lounge - the hard product looks fantastic compared to the old BA lounge!

Any info on what bubbles (if any) are offered?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Originally Posted by abc193
Currently looking at a long-ish stopover at this lounge - the hard product looks fantastic compared to the old BA lounge!

Any info on what bubbles (if any) are offered?
Henkel Trocken Feiner Sekt. Don’t hold your breath. But the lounge is great!
abc193 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:01 am

MUC Lounge - any good?

Since the BA Lounge is closed, is the replacement lounge any good for a snack/meal before an evening flight?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Yes. Nice chicken, salads, cheese, Frankfurters, etc. Good beer and decent wine. Not a spirits drinker but there's a selection. Not much in the way of views or privacy and sofas, etc. are quite limited - more canteen-style chairs. All very clean and light and airy. Better food quality IMO than either Cathay or JL lounges in FRA and far superior to any other lounge used by BA in Germany, though the seating isn't up to JL F for instance.

Not a place to make a point of getting to extra early but perfectly pleasant for an hour or so.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:17 am

Sounds just right for a quick meal before the flight home - thanks!!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Agreed. Visited here on Sunday briefly before flying home - it was much better than most of the other outstation contract lounges that I've tried out, I thought.

There were multiple hot food options (Soup, a thai style chicken curry and some hot sausages/wurst) as well as plenty of cold options, I thought it was quite good.

I'd recommend taking the lift up as there are a few flights of stairs
redpalmetto and PAL62V like this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
It’s a significant improvement in the old BA lounge. If the lower (reception) level is busy and you can’t find a seat, try going upstairs as it’s usually quieter there.
PAL62V likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by pythonisman
Agreed. Visited here on Sunday briefly before flying home - it was much better than most of the other outstation contract lounges that I've tried out, I thought.

There were multiple hot food options (Soup, a thai style chicken curry and some hot sausages/wurst) as well as plenty of cold options, I thought it was quite good.

I'd recommend taking the lift up as there are a few flights of stairs
+1 on this, decent lounge good food and drinks
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The thread title doesn't lend itself to a search, but actually there are some really good photos - courtesy of @Flip42 - of the new lounge here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...uc-closed.html

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Oct 8, 2019 at 2:29 pm Reason: Threads now merged
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The thread title doesn't lend itself to a search, but actually there are some really good photos - courtesy of @Flip42 - of the new lounge here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...uc-closed.html
Many thanks for sharing the link. Threads now merged and thread retitled to include intuitive keywords for future searches.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:35 pm

Fantastic Mod work there folks - really appreciate you guys finding these details and moving the thread.

Great help as always!!!
Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I’m currently in the lounge awaiting the 16.25 - and it’s packed - over capacity. A good handful of people strolling back and forth with wheelybags only to find that there is nowhere to sit so are choosing the floor or to stand or to return to the main terminal. From 4-8pm there are a lot of departures. If this is normal it’s not a great experience. I’m here again in 2 weeks so I shall find out.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi, can anyone advise whether there is a lounge available to BA passengers at MUC currently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.