Wiki Posts
Search

IAG Capital Markets Day 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
IAG Capital Markets Day 2018

I think someone recently asked if there would be a CMD this year - well it's today, now.

A promising highlight: o Average net capex of €2.6bn per annum (compared to an average of €2.1bn per annum for 2018-2022 previously).

IAG Printer Friendly Version - News Release
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Webcast (and presentation linked within): IAG - International Airlines Group - Event Details
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Listening now and TY
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business

The one we care about and the one that will be interesting "ummmm yeah, so IT security apparently IS a thing, who knew eh"
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:32 am

Is this in the slides? was fighting the urge to rush down through the PDF lol.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
I wonder what First improvements entail?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Is this in the slides? was fighting the urge to rush down through the PDF lol.
Yes - I don’t have time to listen to the whole thing. And to your other point I don’t think there is much on IT Security in the digital section.

Don’t think there are many revealations announced today - quite a lot of stepping back to explain IAG’s raison d’etre, which makes sense when they are upping capex - increasing investment through the platform.

Some interesting detail on LEVEL’s market positioning, which is perhaps why it isn’t a direct clash with Vueling shorthaul. Modern value-led, not cheap. Zara not Primark, though not a perfect analogy.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Food and amenities according to the slide !
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by GodAtum
I wonder how long they'll take to roll out? Looks like it will just be soft enhancements rather than a change to the seat.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:49 am

Wouldn't it be nice if the 2 777's scheduled for the new CW seat were LGW based so pax there could experience the product #thingsthatwonthappen
T8191, cosmo74 and davm666 like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: BA GGL. Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
I cannot believe that they are showing a chart to investors that in all consumer need segments IAG airlines underperform vs the leading competitor.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:56 am

Interesting point on Slide 115 about "Increased flexibility for top tier customers"

Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by LHRagain
I cannot believe that they are showing a chart to investors that in all consumer need segments IAG airlines underperform vs the leading competitor.
Nothing like emphasising the fact that you’ve underinvested for x years and now need a step change and a truck load of money to keep up.
HMPS and TWCLAM like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Increased flexibility simply means not saying No. ANY Ritz-Carlton employee, for eg, can spend $2000 on helping a guest with no authorisation and a guarantee of no push back later.

Meanwhile, see what happens on BA if you are in CE and want to buy something from the M&S menu in your seat pocket ....

Similarly I had a big fight with BA recently to get the cancellation fee waived on a flight which BA was no longer operating itself. We could all go on ...
HMPS and TWCLAM like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.