Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAG Capital Markets Day 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Interesting point on Slide 115 about "Increased flexibility for top tier customers"
Agreed, that's intriguing...
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:45 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by frandrake
Thanks for sharing this, very interestring. Good to see improvements are coming, although at a slower pace I wanted them to (especially the new CW seat...).

surprised to see no explicit mention to lounge improvements at LHR, I think T5 needs some serious (albeit not radical) improvement.
Something about personalised wireless charging in T5. Whatever that means.
frandrake likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Just my question - I hope (but doubt) it is the return of a complimentary element as opposed to a change to the BoB (though pre-ordered full hot meals BoB would also be an improvement in my view).
The complimentary element could perhaps be a drink for top-tier members only, à la SAS.

G
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by sxc

Something about personalised wireless charging in T5. Whatever that means.
Maybe the same useless power banks as in the CCR. Don't use them, they work poorly and one damaged the charger port on my iPhone.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
If they're saying wireless charging then maybe they are looking to add charging plates / pads on between seating furniture ( which would cover the word personal) to allow 'air charging' where you basically place you device on said plate/ pad and it charges your device simply by contact. It's reasonably new tech but one gaining traction however given the currently limited amount of devices that support it i'm sure there are better things the money could be spent on.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: Meh
New CW seat to start roll out basically in 2020......pathetic
NoY likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Maybe the same useless power banks as in the CCR. Don't use them, they work poorly and one damaged the charger port on my iPhone.
I don't know what is in the CCR but I would think they'd probably mean the inductive phone chargers embedded into the tables. You can see them in LNER train lounges and also in the Finnair premium lounge on the long table near the entrance. They're OK if you want to charge the phone when not using it but as it has to lie on the table it makes using it more difficult.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by florens

Mine is this: „Online payment reduces fraud“

It reduces fraud for BA and passes the risk to the customer by not processing their details securely!
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:13 am

To think that some people are paid thousands for the idiotic labelling on slides 34-35 etc...
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by layz
I don't know what is in the CCR but I would think they'd probably mean the inductive phone chargers embedded into the tables. You can see them in LNER train lounges and also in the Finnair premium lounge on the long table near the entrance. They're OK if you want to charge the phone when not using it but as it has to lie on the table it makes using it more difficult.
In the CCR it is portable power banks you borrow at the desk by showing your bp and return before leaving so quite a different system.

I'd be MUCH happier with anything embedded in tables (or indeed just normal power points).
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
In the CCR it is portable power banks you borrow at the desk by showing your bp and return before leaving so quite a different system.

I'd be MUCH happier with anything embedded in tables (or indeed just normal power points).
The EDI lounge has it right, plenty of sockets + USB ports.

Although I'd be cautious about any new rollouts of USB ports as the well known USB-A connector is starting to disappear in favour of USB-C.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Wireless charging is obviously more exciting than a new CW seat details but I can understand why, theres no give-away and very little to go on...all aisle access. Increased Privacy. Increased storage and larger seat...doesn't sound like much of revolution or even anything to be wowed by. I hope to be proved wrong.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, Eurobonus
Anyone got any idea what the 'New seat and IFE' for WTP is? I encountered the horrible old seat only a few weaks ago (how long since the introduction of the 'new' one?!), so I don't have any great hopes...
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Wireless charging is obviously more exciting than a new CW seat details but I can understand why, theres no give-away and very little to go on...all aisle access. Increased Privacy. Increased storage and larger seat...doesn't sound like much of revolution or even anything to be wowed by. I hope to be proved wrong.
What more are you expecting? Those upgrades over the current seat would be awesome!
GaxxyFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Cruz did a great job of saying nothing imho. Lots of exciting points many of which were brushed aside and not even mentioned. I appreciate that this isn't the place to be going into wide detail but the total lack of substance was the only thing that stood out.

Agree with whoever said that new CW will essentially be a 2020 thing and how disappointing that is.

Looks like the head of IAG Digital is going to do a brilliant job of not even mentioning IT security ( as I type he's handing over so I was correct) and any efforts to improve or mitigate that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.