Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAG Capital Markets Day 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by Raffles
Increased flexibility simply means not saying No. ANY Ritz-Carlton employee, for eg, can spend $2000 on helping a guest with no authorisation and a guarantee of no push back later.

Meanwhile, see what happens on BA if you are in CE and want to buy something from the M&S menu in your seat pocket ....

Similarly I had a big fight with BA recently to get the cancellation fee waived on a flight which BA was no longer operating itself. We could all go on ...
I'll be reasonably happy with them not, trying to, charge me change fee's to upgrade a cabin and give them an additional Ł2k!
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:16 am

I do find the corporate speak amusing. Changes to WT by growing seat numbers through 'competitive configuration'. I will have to remember that one.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by pauldb
Webcast (and presentation linked within): IAG - International Airlines Group - Event Details
I think that this should take directly to the presentation/slides: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External...67387686116875
florens and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:21 am

Where are the longer slides please? I only see the 17 pager
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
What do they mean by Euro Traveler catering Modifications and improvements?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by GodAtum
I wonder what First improvements entail?
I'll be interested to see this also.

Note this is basically timed to coincide with the introduction of the new CW seat, BA is basically being grudgingly forced into spending more money on F as the gap between BA F and the new J seat is presumably going to be even smaller in future! There's an argument already that Upper Deck CW with the new service is better than BA 747 F on a night flight.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by Ldnn1

I used @paulp initial link and within the webcast is a slides box which gives the full 174 PDF

*** Sorry it's actually under downloads ***

Currently listening to Javier from Vueling commit suicide both for himself and on behalf of his airline. It's pretty painful.

Last edited by TWCLAM; Nov 2, 2018 at 4:52 am Reason: Correction
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I used @paulp initial link and within the webcast is a slides box which gives the full 174 PDF
Just as easy to use the link in my post, surely?
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I think that this should take directly to the presentation/slides: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External...67387686116875
morges1 and TWCLAM like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:00 am

My favourite part of the presentation is in page 98, where it says that "MAD to become the preferred HUB" for Iberia.

An absolute revolution.
choosethedrew, florens and davm666 like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by schrodingerdog
My favourite part of the presentation is in page 98, where it says that "MAD to become the preferred HUB" for Iberia.

An absolute revolution.
Mine is this: „Online payment reduces fraud“

Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by BA6948
Not that I tend to fly to ET( if im on a LCC service i'll save the money and fly EZY) but maybe something as insane and groundbreaking as having the ability to be the 4th person to order a product and it actually being available. From what i've heard this would be a step change improvement. I know EZY have had many more years to perfect the operation but how BA seem to get it so wrong so much of the time baffles me. I do note that they got the 'cards only so we can take a cut' ( perceived not known) bit sorted from the get-go.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Thanks for sharing this, very interestring. Good to see improvements are coming, although at a slower pace I wanted them to (especially the new CW seat...).

surprised to see no explicit mention to lounge improvements at LHR, I think T5 needs some serious (albeit not radical) improvement.
florens likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Not that I tend to fly to ET( if im on a LCC service i'll save the money and fly EZY) but maybe something as insane and groundbreaking as having the ability to be the 4th person to order a product and it actually being available. From what i've heard this would be a step change improvement. I know EZY have had many more years to perfect the operation but how BA seem to get it so wrong so much of the time baffles me. I do note that they got the 'cards only so we can take a cut' ( perceived not known) bit sorted from the get-go.
may be that’s the improvement but what about the modification in 2018. Service is the same and hasn’t changed sinc Jan 2017.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BA6948
Just my question - I hope (but doubt) it is the return of a complimentary element as opposed to a change to the BoB (though pre-ordered full hot meals BoB would also be an improvement in my view).
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:44 am

@BA6948 I don't have any data points of my own for comparison having only moved to BA this year and all my SH's being in CE. Tongue-in-cheek, maybe that was moving the aforementioned threshold from 2-3 with 4 being '19's target.

The only thing I can think of that they will look to improve is availability as I can't see BA taking a leaf out of Levels book and retrofitting seat back screens and introducing one touch payment ( although I have to say it looked a good way to do things). If they were going to move away from using M&S then i'm sure we would've heard rumours about that already so I doubt it will be that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.