Tallinn Dropped

Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Deltus
Nobody actually flies to TLL or HEL for the destination, do they?!
Er, yes. I went to TLL with ‘Er Indoors for a long weekend on the £232 Finnair fare in June and it was very enjoyable. This year I had a 3 day business trip to HEL in September and flew Finnair for the A350, enjoyed Helsinki too.
salut0 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swingaling
"Tallinn? I'm not going to AFRICA! Let's just go to London," says the stereotypical American (probably).
Not probably! Four years ago I flew USA-TLL and my initial UA flight cancelled because of MX and the GA who was trying to reroute me asked "Where is TLL, Africa?"
swingaling likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
There is a nice article about Tallinn in Business Life at the moment.

Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by xenole
Are they still doing the A350 or have they dropped that?

I did like the HEL lounges. Some really nice food especially in the standard ones rather than the business one.
Definitely don't have a selection of glassware from there.
Yes. I was on an A350 to HEL a few weeks ago. Departure from LHR T3 was around 1030ish.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:04 am

Shame, Tallinn is a really nice city to spend a few days in, but the airport was noticeably quiet the other week when i was there. I suspect most visitors might be coming in via sea or road from other parts of the Baltics. Still, its only a 20 minute hop on Finnair from Helsinki.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: * Alliance Gold, oneworld Emerald, Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by florens
I wonder why no reroute on AY is offered...
The only reason that comes to my mind is that neither BA or SK not allowing lounge access in Tallinn.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:58 am
Original Poster

BA are allowing transfer onto the Finnair services as that's what I did.

I don't think it's specifically mentioned as almost all of them already carry BA codeshare numbers and I think it's just taken for granted they will move you to those services if you would prefer. I think they only write up options which can't be booked under BA flight codes.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:22 pm

Trying to book reward flight to TLL for April, but getting "British Airways and its partners do not fly this route", presumably because HEL-TLL is operated by Norra, not AY? Would calling BA resolve the issue or there's no chance?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by flyslow
Trying to book reward flight to TLL for April, but getting "British Airways and its partners do not fly this route", presumably because HEL-TLL is operated by Norra, not AY? Would calling BA resolve the issue or there's no chance?
HEL-TLL flights were, if my memory serves right, never shown on ba.com as redemptions. I think if you call you should be fine. I haven‘t done this myself but recall having read it on here.

Even though the short hop across the Baltic Sea is operated by NoRRA, these flights have an AY flight number.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBS
Originally Posted by flyslow
In my experience BA phone agents really struggle with NoRRA flights. It’s definitely possible to book them, but be ready to insist that’s the case and to give them the precise AY flight numbers you’re after!

EDIT: As an alternative to flying via HEL, have you considered taking the ferry to TLL? It’s kind of a Finnish cultural institution and can be very cheap.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:08 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
It takes longer than flying Norra but the ferry is much more pleasant - 2.5 hours as opposed to 25 mins. There are several services each day in summer.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:18 am

Whenever I see mention of Tallin it reminds me of that radio (R4?) programme about frequent flyers and that guy droning on about Helsinki and Tallin.

A worthy alternative to sleeping tablets.

Shame it's being dropped though.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: BA, JAL
makes sense, no real demand. doubt they were making much. this region has been struggling economically and politically with the russian advances.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Chokkoubin

EDIT: As an alternative to flying via HEL, have you considered taking the ferry to TLL? It’s kind of a Finnish cultural institution and can be very cheap.
Wouldn't unfortunately work with my time requirements. Btw, most of the ferries going between HEL-TLL are Estonian owned nowadays
Considering flying BA to ARN and Nordica to TLL though, they have some reasonable prices. But will give BA a call when I have enough time to listen tomthe music. Don't even know how much Avios it would cost, might be unreasonable.
Bit OT but for example KUL-DPS is reverse problem, you can make reward booking, but when searching cash fare from ba.com, you get "we don't fly.."
Thank you for all the replies
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
makes sense, no real demand. doubt they were making much. this region has been struggling economically and politically with the russian advances.
Don't know how much they were making, prob not much, but demand was quite high I would say. Can't remember when I saw more than 10 empty seats on TLL route on different carriers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.