Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swearing passenger ruined first F

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by thecoogan

If i come across like that, I can only apologise. I guess I’m frustrated about what happened and some of these posts also are surprising and unpleasant too.

On your second point. I mentioned feeling on-edge and feeling threatened in my first post. I’ve never changed this stance and was exactly how it made me feel. I spoke to the cabin crew working the cabin at the time. I’m really not sure what else I could of done other than confront him (which I’m not sure would of helped anyone).
What did you expect? Lots of people here travel premium cabins. Lots of people dislike infants in premium cabins.

I think it's a pretty inconsiderate thing to bring a small child into a premium cabin. You've validated that view by even admitting that your child caused disruption in the cabin by crying.
amt likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Dave_C
I think it's a pretty inconsiderate thing to bring a small child into a premium cabin.
I'm still yet to see a good example of why this is the case. Are the people who can't afford to fly in F less deserving of quiet?
flygirl68, muji, alpenlupe and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why couldn't the cabin crew tell the brat to shut up?
No, wait ... I don't think you can say 'brat' any more. The preferred term now is 'little one'.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by henry999
No, wait ... I don't think you can say 'brat' any more. The preferred term now is 'little one'.
Prefer wee'an myself. :P
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by RG1X
Are the people who can't afford to fly in F less deserving of quiet?
IMO the answer to that question is "yes".
If I can't or won't afford F, I am also less deserving of better food/drink, a larger seat, and better service.

Though I'd say that I am equally undeserving of swearing passengers.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Oh you are taking me back. We had a Russian woman once who made Baby Jane Hudson look attractive. A gargoyle in drag was how one crew member put it. She actually sang the song from Baby Jane in Russian with the sort of grimace perfected by Gloria Hudson in Sunset Boulevard. Some idiot actually clapped her and fearing an encore, put a stop to it.

I'd settle for a screaming baby any day.
Gloria Swanson you *#*&$%**@&^**^#.

Sorry, I expect things to be correct on the BA forum and swearing is natural.

Gotta go, I am having a first class dinner of roasted baby.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What did you expect? Lots of people here travel premium cabins. Lots of people dislike infants in premium cabins.

I think it's a pretty inconsiderate thing to bring a small child into a premium cabin. You've validated that view by even admitting that your child caused disruption in the cabin by crying.
Seems as if you'd like to choose who you want to have as your fellow F cabin passengers?

My missus is a bit of a snorer so she certainly wouldn't be on your list. Not sure I'd be on it either as I become a bit of a fidgeter after a few hours due to the lack of nicotine in my system.
argonath likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Seems as if you'd like to choose who you want to have as your fellow F cabin passengers?
Sign me up for that plan when available!

Regards
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by narvik
If I can't or won't afford F, I am also less deserving of better food/drink, a larger seat, and better service.
...and the day "no babies" is part of that particular list of things you're paying for, you can expect to have it happen.

Until that point, they have just as much right to be up there as anyone else. Feeling entitled about it changes nothing.
gate4lounge and V10 like this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:21 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by henry999
I think MSP is referring to the brat that was swearing.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Although in this thread there are different opinions regarding swearing being justified depending on the reason, most posters here are still critical of the foul language being used.

What surprises me too many days of the week, are the numerous posts on BAFT, where the use of expletives doesn't seem to raise many eyebrows
muji likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
The animals in the cabin should only be in their traveling baskets, and you really should not know that they are there. I have traveled with my friend and the bundle of fluff. He was on the floor and frankly neither made a movement not was there a peep out of him. The whole Emotional Support nonsense is exactly that. I am afraid that allergies are a great deal more common that they used to be and again I do not know what would happen in someone around them turned out to be allergic.

In which cabin do your friends travel with AF as I wondered if the animals were allowed in Business Class.
I understand they are allowed in all classes but I have no personal experience only 2nd hand knowledge.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by binman
I understand they are allowed in all classes but I have no personal experience only 2nd hand knowledge.
Unless it's changed AF only allowed them in economy. Seem to recall the couple on our flight with their dog were from the French Embassy in Buenos Aires.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Unless it's changed AF only allowed them in economy. Seem to recall the couple on our flight with their dog were from the French Embassy in Buenos Aires.
Air France doesn't allow pets in Business / Affaires but does allow them in other cabins, so long as they are under 8 kgs, including in La Première.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

why is it inconsiderate? It’s stressful traveling with a baby - the extra space/ dine on demand is helpful.

i hope you aren’t on my next few J and F flights with our 6 month old...
gate4lounge and DYKWIA like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.