Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swearing passenger ruined first F

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by binman

i havnt read all the posts but I assume this all happened in flight and not on the ground.

if it was on the ground the foul mouthed individual should have been offloaded.

In the air the crew should have intervened decisively making it clear his behaviour was not acceptable and his language even less so. If it did not stop then the captain should intervene and make it clear that failure to comply with his instruction to stop would result in the police attending on arrival and potentially a diversion.

someone being foul mouthed may be the precursor to violence and on board an aircraft that is not acceptable.

my kids have flown F/J since 8 weeks old. I would not tolerate such behaviour even if my kids cried for hours ( actually one did on SIN LHR such that I almost requested a medical diversion) no one said a word and the crew were outstanding. It wasn’t BA.

so those who advocate child free premium cabins. Get over yourselves. It’s public transport. Simples. In 35 years of flying the drunks, the weird and body odour challenged have all outnumbered disruptive kids by a factor of a 100.
Some people just swear a lot, saying it may be a precursor to violence is ridiculous. Perhaps that the crew didn't intervene is an indication of the seriousness they viewed it with. Do you ever travel on a bus or tube in London, because expect to hear swearing, and that's public transport, which is how you described the plane. I really don't follow your position here, either it's public transport or it's something special where you can expect to control the whole environment to suit yourself.
Phil the Flyer and LTN Phobia like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:15 pm

To all those continually saying it's public transport, quiet carriages are the norm on UK trains, so why is expecting a quiet area on a plane so unreasonable?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by argonath
Good luck running that by ECHR...
There is a world beyond Europe
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dougzz
To all those continually saying it's public transport, quiet carriages are the norm on UK trains, so why is expecting a quiet area on a plane so unreasonable?
Been years since I was on a intercity train. What exactly is a ''quiet carriage''?
origin and argonath like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Been years since I was on a intercity train. What exactly is a ''quiet carriage''?
For a quick explanation see post # 27, second paragraph (similar concept applies in a number of European countries - although probably not Scotland).
HIDDY likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Even the Yorkshire terrier who was only three feet away from us on one CDG-EZE flight didn't bother us.
What have you got against Yorkshire?

I had a poodle and various cats as my seat neighbour and loved them. They were all quiet, although some cats were a bit stressed and meowed quietly (almost like whimper-meow) in protest. I felt rather sorry for him/her. We (general adults) force them (cats, babies, children below the age where they can properly protest etc.) to fly even if they might not want to want to.

Not allowing animals in the cabin is one thing I feel a bit sad about BA (and other British airlines, it's not their choosing I believe, but rather the law) though, but then, I can imagine threads complaining about animal allergies and pets in cabin, or barking dogs in the cabin

Originally Posted by flyingmonkie
There is a world beyond Europe
A simple solution to that anyway. Make the airline R18
PUCCI GALORE and HIDDY like this.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Nov 2, 2018 at 6:09 pm
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:15 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
To all those continually saying it's public transport... (rest of the post snipped)
I'd say "It's public transport. Have MUTUAL consideration towards each other."

From time to time, I detect some very one-sided views in some posts where some take the view that their travelling party have the right to disturb others but others aren't allowed to disturb them.

P.S. Just for clarity, I'm not saying your post is one of them at all, in case it sounds like it by quoting yours...

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Nov 2, 2018 at 5:56 pm
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
One where phone conversations or loud ‘sound spilling’ headphones are supposedly banned. There’s no ban on children or babies AFAIK.
kaka and HIDDY like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by thecoogan
Well the sad thing is after reading several posts on this thread in support and against the little man verbally abused in First class it doesn’t surprise me it happened.

Will I fly first again with the little guy? Yes I will be booking first class flights for Christmas.
no man
whats disgusting is parents who dont give a fu!k (not you) or self entitled muppets wanting vontrol over the N-1 seats when they only paid for ONE.
if you dont like it? go to the back. or get a private jet.

adults are way the bigger problem compared to kids.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
What have you got against Yorkshire?

I had a poodle and various cats as my seat neighbour and loved them. They were all quiet, although some cats were a bit stressed and meowed quietly (almost like whimper-meow) in protest. I felt rather sorry for him/her. We (general adults) force them (cats, babies, children below the age where they can properly protest etc.) to fly even if they might not want to want to.

Not allowing animals in the cabin is one thing I feel a bit sad about BA (and other British airlines) though, but then, I can imagine threads complaining about animal allergies and pets in cabin, or barking dogs in the cabin
Love Yorkshire Terriers. We didn't even know it was there until the morning when one of the cabin crew came to ask the owners how it was. It was in a dog carrier next to their feet. I have no problem with pets on planes...we've got ten dogs, one cat and a tortoise so safe to say there's no chance of us taking that lot on board with us.

Originally Posted by memesweeper
One where phone conversations or loud ‘sound spilling’ headphones are supposedly banned. There’s no ban on children or babies AFAIK.
Ah yes I seem to recall the appearance of the ghetto blaster forced the rail companies into doing that....no wonder loud music is the one thing I can't tolerate.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by kaka

Unfortunately the fact that some adults are idiots doesn't mean that all children are quiet and well behaved.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by kaka
Are they? They form a much bigger proportion of the flying passengers, so yes in absolute numbers I expect they are. But proportionally are they?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I'd say "It's public transport. Have MUTUAL consideration towards each other."

From time to time, I detect some very one-sided views in some posts where some take the view that their travelling party have the right to disturb others but others aren't allowed to disturb them.

P.S. Just for clarity, I'm not saying your post is one of them at all, in case it sounds like it by quoting yours...
I agree. I just get fed-up with people saying it's public transport when they want to justify their needs or behaviour, but then expecting a completely different standard of behaviour to that exhibited on most other public transport.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I don't know about that. When I was living in the UK, every time I booked the quiet carriage on the Coventry-London route it was packed with noisy people. And it was a total mistake to book that carriage as on the return leaving from Euston Station it was the furthest from the waiting area and they always announced the train so late that I had to run to make it to that carriage.

The good news is that I will never have to take that train again.

Going back to BA First Class, the one time that my wife flew in First Class from LHR to PEK, there was a 5 years old kid that spent one hour singing loudly. The parents did not hear him because they were passed out. To ignore that kid, my wife just increased the sound on her headsets ......
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Are they? They form a much bigger proportion of the flying passengers, so yes in absolute numbers I expect they are. But proportionally are they?
they talk on speakerphone longer than 20 minutes, they shout louder, demand more, more DYKWIA. so yes. more so in the F cabin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.