Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge access in HK after arriving 1st and picked up bags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in HK after arriving 1st and picked up bags

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by LondonElite
To clarify, you won’t have access to a OW lounge, but your business ticket on TG will all access to their lounge.
Not only to Thai lounge (which is pretty bad IMO), but all *A lounges at HKG. KrisFlyer and United lounges are rather nice. Food is better in KrisFlyer, expectedly.

OW F would have given access to Cathay Arrival lounge, but it's closed I think.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I find the Royal Orchid (TG) lounge quite nice, very airy, showers, and near the gate of your departure flight. Food is nothing to write about but will be decent at that time of day. wines are mediocre. Frankly, I don't find UA lounge much better. SQ lounge has better food/wine offering but is claustrophobic (no windows).and very far from your gate. From the TG lounge you can see your plane arriving.

To summarize:
- you walk from your arriving gate to immigration. Depending on your gate, you might take a train to immigration. Then you reclaim your luggage.
- you walk past customs and need the long walk to T2 (TG is "cheap" as this is mostly a LCC terminal)..
- you check in at TG counters, then walk through security, then immigration then to the train.
- You offload at the second stop (gates 40s and 60s) and walk to the TG lounge, near your departure gate.

You might wish to visit the UA club which is located near gate 60. They might allow you in or not (capacity constraint).
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:53 am

If the tickets are separate and on the same day, you can also claim a refund for the HK departure tax on the first one. There is a refund desk airside.
:D! and barracuda93 like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by HarbourGent
If the tickets are separate and on the same day, you can also claim a refund for the HK departure tax on the first one. There is a refund desk airside.
Wow, never knew this. Should try.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by HarbourGent
I know that you can do it by mail or at the landside tax desk in Aisle D of departure hall. But I was not aware that there was an airside desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.