FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Stobart Air to operate for BA Cityflyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1938261-stobart-air-operate-ba-cityflyer.html)

citiflyerUK Oct 31, 18 8:37 am

Stobart Air to operate for BA Cityflyer

Stobart Air are to lease two E190s to operate for BA Cityflyer from LCY.

Stobart Air to Operate Routes From London City Under BA CityFlyer Brand

I wonder if these are in addition to the 4 E190s BA announced were joining the fleet or part of the four?

bhbloke Oct 31, 18 8:46 am

A new LCY route to Carlisle in the pipeline when it finally opens to commercial traffic? :cool:

richardwft Oct 31, 18 8:52 am

Iím guessing weekend flights from SEN may materialise.

babats Oct 31, 18 9:01 am

Originally Posted by bhbloke (Post 30376934)
A new LCY route to Carlisle in the pipeline when it finally opens to commercial traffic? :cool:

Having looked at the Stobart AIr website I realise it's not related to Eddie!

bhbloke Oct 31, 18 9:08 am

Originally Posted by babats (Post 30376992)

It is part of the Stobart Group, formerly Eddie now William?

Tobias-UK Oct 31, 18 9:09 am

Originally Posted by babats (Post 30376992)

I think it is related, I'm pretty sure it is part of the Stobart Group which itself was founded by dear old Eddie.

andymcdonnell Oct 31, 18 9:12 am

Stobart have been operating the EI Regional flights for a number of years so no surprise to see this really

mattyw Oct 31, 18 9:34 am

Will they operate a specific set of routes or just be added to the overall pool of aircraft?

Scotflyer80 Oct 31, 18 9:43 am

Originally Posted by citiflyerUK (Post 30376902)
Stobart Air are to lease two E190s to operate for BA Cityflyer from LCY.

Stobart Air to Operate Routes From London City Under BA CityFlyer Brand

I wonder if these are in addition to the 4 E190s BA announced were joining the fleet or part of the four?

The link doesnít work. Have looked on the website that the article is from and canít see any mention of it.

Crofton138 Oct 31, 18 9:49 am

Stobart Air are currently operating some Flybe routes but this is coming to an end on 31st March 2019

T8191 Oct 31, 18 10:00 am

Was pleased with Stobart ATR legroom the one occasion we used it. Much better than CE, frankly!

Hope the 190 is as good.

Scotflyer80 Oct 31, 18 10:12 am

The E-Jets operated by Stobart are fitted with 118 seats. I am guessing that the two aircraft that will be operating for BACF will have there cabins reconfigured to the same 98 seat configuration as BACF’s E90’s

simons1 Oct 31, 18 10:16 am

Worcester Oct 31, 18 10:30 am

Do the Stobart Air aircraft have names on them like the trucks?

Scotflyer80 Oct 31, 18 10:44 am

Originally Posted by simons1 (Post 30377373)

Are the two aircraft being leased are two of the four aircraft that BACF previously announced they would be adding in 2019?.

The article states that the 2 aircraft are being leased for a three year period and that Stobart will be supplying the crew to operate the service. I am guessing that the aircraft will be operated by a team of crew from Stobart’s SEN base.