Stobart Air to operate for BA Cityflyer

Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have had an email notification saying my flight to Ibiza next summer from LCY will be operated by Stobart Air and that they are allowing me to change onto any other London service to Ibiza within 3 days. My MMB still indicates the flight is operated by BA Cityflyer on an Embraer E190SR. I guess I will wait and see what happens, either way - I don't want to be rebooked as the current flight time is perfect for me. Just checked a new booking and there is no indication that Stobart Air will operate the flight, so the email could have been sent in error.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
We have to assume that these E90s will be configured the same as the BA ones and the service would be the same.

If thats the case I agree wth you why change ?

regardless as your flight isn’t until next year there’s plenty of time to see what the aircraft & service actually look like prior to making a decision.

cs
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
We have to assume that these E90s will be configured the same as the BA ones ...
That's not what I'm seeing on a future RE-operated flight: CE has A | CD in rows 1 and 2, and rows 3 to 25 inclusive are ET in AB | CD. As far as I can see, that matches the configuration used by VA, which is where it has been said that these aircraft have come from.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
So if anything they would be better in CE when compared to company E90s if not reconfigured.

?
cs
Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
If they keep the Virgin configuration it'll be an improvement over BA. https://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-revi...business-class
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by andrewdrinks
Received a notification overnight that my LHR-LUX flight in February will now be operated by Stobart - didn't see any reference to LUX flights being operated by the Stobart fleet previously.
All flights to LUX in Feb are still showing as being operated by a BA A320. What date are you flying?.

Does anyone know whether the aircraft will have the the same AB/CD seat lettering that is used by BACF on there aircraft or if it will retain its A/DF (CE) and AC/DF (ET) as used by VA?

Last edited by Scotflyer80; Nov 21, 2018 at 9:40 am
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:38 am

Duplicate
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Scotflyer80
It is unclear whether the aircraft will have the the same AB/CD seat lettering that is used by BACF on there aircraft or if it will retain its A/DF (CE) and AC/DF (ET) as used by VA
In MMB, this shows up in CE as A (single) C+D (pair). In EuroTraveller I think it's A+B [aisle] C+D but I don't have an ET booking so I'm less certain there.
Scotflyer80 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by citiflyerUK
If they keep the Virgin configuration it'll be an improvement over BA. https://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-revi...business-class
That J seat looks far too comfortable, BA are in danger of passengers enjoying something too much and expectations being met.
Calchas likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
In EuroTraveller I think it's A+B [aisle] C+D but I don't have an ET booking so I'm less certain there.
Yes, this is correct.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jamesreid978
I have had an email notification saying my flight to Ibiza next summer from LCY will be operated by Stobart Air and that they are allowing me to change onto any other London service to Ibiza within 3 days. My MMB still indicates the flight is operated by BA Cityflyer on an Embraer E190SR. I guess I will wait and see what happens, either way - I don't want to be rebooked as the current flight time is perfect for me. Just checked a new booking and there is no indication that Stobart Air will operate the flight, so the email could have been sent in error.
The 1850 IBZ-LCY Sunday service is now Stobart operated every summer weekend according to the notifications sent but not reflected in the website.

Given that the Sunday PM flights are always full with up to 10-12 rows of CE on occasion it will be interesting how they propose to handle the very large number of downgrades this will cause.

The very high level of CE bookings on the Ibiza route make it a strange choice to use this plane type.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by WeLoveSpace

The 1850 IBZ-LCY Sunday service is now Stobart operated every summer weekend according to the notifications sent but not reflected in the website.

Given that the Sunday PM flights are always full with up to 10-12 rows of CE on occasion it will be interesting how they propose to handle the very large number of downgrades this will cause.

The very high level of CE bookings on the Ibiza route make it a strange choice to use this plane type.
I'm on a Friday Morning 7:15 service (BA8463) so I think that email was possibly sent in error and BA Cityflyer will operate my flight, especially given as the seatmap on MMB is still showing a BA E190.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:10 am

The situation is no different to FLUB so I don’t see why they wouldn’t just use both larger and standard size seats as CE.

People sitting in standard steats in CE can not complain as they are getting an identical product to what they are used to / promised.

People sitting in the larger seats at the front should be status holders.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by WeLoveSpace

LCY-IBZ route and the CE service is extremely popular often operating with load factor of 95%+ throughout the summer. However it is a route that traditionally will have only 10%-15% of all available seats sold for the summer period at this point in the year. Notifying of a change of operator now makes sense as the flights being operated by Stobart will not be lucky if they have 1-2 CE pax already booked. The actual number of CE seats for sale was updated in the system by BA at the start of the week. So there will be no last minute downgrades due to the change of operator.

Seat maps on mmb are currently being updated and will show in the next day or two.

Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:46 am

There are usually 4 IBZ-LCY services on Sunday evening, so one of them operating with a small CE wouldn't be a big issue, though BA indeed may choose to expand CE back into the 2x2 seats anyway

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.