Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Apple Avios eStore

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Apple Avios eStore

The Avios.com eStore used to offer 4 avios per £1 spent on Apple purchases, sometimes increasing to 8 per £1 during double points promotions.

The normal rate in the BAEC eStore seems to be 3 avios per £1. Has anybody ever seen a rate greater than that?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I'm sure I got 4 per £ last Sunday, but checking today it now seems to be 3.

PS Just noticed that you can apparently get 6 per £ for Booking.com bookings, which is definitely useful to know.
Speedbird676 and george77300 like this.

Last edited by Rexy52; Oct 31, 2018 at 8:44 am Reason: Add PS
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:36 am

I got 526 Avios on a £65 purchase via Avios.com back in may. With a rate of only 3Avios/£1, you might want to buy using the education discount (in the UK it is via studentbeans), which plays out way better than Avios (even with double-ups). And if you are not a student, you probably have a family member/friend who is a student.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Thinksamuel
I got 526 Avios on a £65 purchase via Avios.com back in may. With a rate of only 3Avios/£1, you might want to buy using the education discount (in the UK it is via studentbeans), which plays out way better than Avios (even with double-ups). And if you are not a student, you probably have a family member/friend who is a student.
There is also a friends/family discount if you have friends who work for Apple, which I think is slightly more generous - I've been told about 15-20% - and applies to things which the student discount doesn't (iPhones, and formerly iPads, were not included in the Student Discount programme).
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
I got 10 to 1 on Antler suitcases last month. £418 in cases giving 3483 point, (only on the net amount).

I was very pleased. Of course they have not posted yet but I have an email to say that is what I am getting, it is what I expected and I'll know in about 10 days!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by squawk
There is also a friends/family discount if you have friends who work for Apple, which I think is slightly more generous - I've been told about 15-20% - and applies to things which the student discount doesn't (iPhones, and formerly iPads, were not included in the Student Discount programme).
The first apple item in each category is 27% followed by 17% each item thereafter (in the category). iPads, iPhones being a separate category etc... . Accessories which are third party are 10% Also the first discount should be for the employee!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, Apple went up to 12 per £1 on the BA e-store around Black Friday last year, so I'm waiting til then for a new laptop! There are exclusions though, usually the newest models.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
If you have a trip via LHR coming up, you can normally get about 15% off UK high street prices at the Dixons Travel store. Works for domestics and EU flights too.

See https://boutique.heathrow.com/en/brands/apple
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
If you have a trip via LHR coming up, you can normally get about 15% off UK high street prices at the Dixons Travel store. Works for domestics and EU flights too.

Really wish they had the iPhone XS Max 64GB in stock — I think I’ve been in four times (T5 and T3) since the launch and only the £LOL 256GB version is available.

I’ve no further flying booked for six weeks but the discount on a phone and a laptop combined could make a short cheap jaunt worthwhile!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:29 pm

Really? Every time I check something at Dixons in LHR, the prices are at least 15% HIGHER than regular high street prices, unless you want to buy some rubbish nobody else is buying. I guess it's British "duty-free" way
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Soft Top
I got 10 to 1 on Antler suitcases last month. £418 in cases giving 3483 point, (only on the net amount).

I was very pleased. Of course they have not posted yet but I have an email to say that is what I am getting, it is what I expected and I'll know in about 10 days!
SInce the change started in around June, they have slowed down posting points to accounts.

Somewhere it will show pending points, which seem to take about 40 days now to post.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Rexy52
I'm sure I got 4 per £ last Sunday, but checking today it now seems to be 3.

PS Just noticed that you can apparently get 6 per £ for Booking.com bookings, which is definitely useful to know.
Good luck chasing up missing stays.....after three months.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by oruvin
Really? Every time I check something at Dixons in LHR, the prices are at least 15% HIGHER than regular high street prices, unless you want to buy some rubbish nobody else is buying. I guess it's British "duty-free" way
I'm surprised EU flights count for this - I can't seem to find much info about it online though!
Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
The first apple item in each category is 27% followed by 17% each item thereafter (in the category). iPads, iPhones being a separate category etc... . Accessories which are third party are 10% Also the first discount should be for the employee!
Ah, that makes sense, and aligns with what I've been told. I believe it also doesn't apply when there is low stock, i.e. right after the introduction of a new product.

Also, the student/academic discount doesn't apply at all to iPhones (and never used to apply to iPads).
Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Originally Posted by oruvin
I think prices for headphones, chargers and other accessories may not be such a good deal but if we look at a selection of bigger ticket Apple products (versus apple.com):

iPad mini 4 128gb wifi
apple.com: £399
Dixons Travel: £298 (-25%)

iPad 32gb wifi
apple.com: £319
Dixons Travel: £299 (-6%)

iPad pro 10.5" 64gb wifi
apple.com: £619
Dixons Travel: £559 (-10%)

Macbook Pro 13" 2.3GHz dual-core i5, 128gb
apple.com: £1,249
Dixons Travel: £1,099 (-12%)

iPhone 8 64gb
apple.com: £599
Dixons Travel: £579 (-3%)

iPhone Xs 256gb
apple.com: £1,149
Dixons Travel: £1,119 (-3%)

I bought an Apple Watch earlier in the year, saving 15% versus the high street price plus they had an offer on for quadruple Heathrow rewards points. The pre-ordering worked well too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.