FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lounge access at LHR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1938207-lounge-access-lhr.html)

geezersrule Oct 30, 2018 8:37 pm

Lounge access at LHR

i will be flying BA club world from SFO-LHR with an overnight at LHR because of flight timing. the following morning i continue on BA in club europe LHR-RAK. that morning will i have access to any BA lounge at LHR?

Fraser Oct 30, 2018 8:44 pm

Yes, Club Europe offers you Galleries Club lounge access.

if you arrive into LHR before 2pm the Arrivals Lounge is open too. It's landside upstairs and well signposted. Have your inbound Club Workd boarding pass handy. (If you're non-EU passport holder you'll need it for Fast Track immigration too)

TravellerFrequently Oct 30, 2018 11:56 pm

Have a look at your booking on ba.com - it will detail departure lounge entitlement for your flights..

The Arrivals Lounge may be of interest as mentioned above.

ThatT1Feeling Oct 31, 2018 3:51 am

As a note to the OP, as an AA lifetime Plat, then they will get Galleries Club access on any BA flight, irrespective of class or distance flown.

Unlike with AA in the US, lounge access for Sapphires and above isn't only for transcon or longhaul flights.

geezersrule Oct 31, 2018 8:13 am

thanks Fraser, TravelerFrequently and ThatT1Feeling for your helpful responses. I really appreciate them.
i have another related question. when i check in at SFO will i be able to check luggage thru only to LHR where i will overnight before traveling onward to RAK the following morning - or - will the luggage be checked all the way SFO-LHR-RAK so that i do not have my luggage in LHR? can i choose to have my luggage only SFO-LHR then re-check the next morning for LHR-RAK?
thanks again.

Fraser Oct 31, 2018 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by geezersrule (Post 30376831)
i have another related question. when i check in at SFO will i be able to check luggage thru only to LHR where i will overnight before traveling onward to RAK the following morning - or - will the luggage be checked all the way SFO-LHR-RAK so that i do not have my luggage in LHR? can i choose to have my luggage only SFO-LHR then re-check the next morning for LHR-RAK?.

As it is technically a connection the system would automatically through check your bag to RAK. However, due to the overnight connection you should be able to request it be short checked without issue. I have only done this a few times, coincidentally one of those was also from SFO..

geezersrule Oct 31, 2018 5:03 pm

thanks Fraser.
i would suppose ti will depend on the willingness of the check-in agent. i will certainly try.

The _Banking_Scot Oct 31, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi,

When I have a overnight connection at LHR it has not been a problem getting the bag just tagged to LHR ( this is on a EDI-LHR -XXX flight)

Regards

TBS