Upgrade

Old Oct 30, 18, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Upgrade

I have within 12 months 4 flights booked to Orlando for 2 of us I have been trying to find the cost of upgrading from economy to premium economy can you help
Old Oct 30, 18, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
Phone BA customer services?
Old Oct 30, 18, 11:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Welcome to FT. There are a number of ways of obtaining a price for an upgrade. You can call BA, look for a POUG (special price upgrade available online) or buy an upgrade at the airport. (AUP)

If you look in the dashboard at the top of the forum you will find links to threads on both POUG and AUP. This will give you an idea of prices. Around £250 each way.

However, what would be useful is in knowing if your flights are direct bookings with BA, connecting flights or booked through an agent.
Old Oct 30, 18, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Or look on Ba.com and manage your booking.

You will find an option there to upgrade your flights, where it will give you the prices and you may even find a special upgrade offer.
Old Oct 30, 18, 11:53 am

Just to note if it's a holiday booking you will need to call BA Holidays to enquire about the upgrade availability, this can't be done through Manage My Booking.
Old Oct 30, 18, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade

They were booked through travel trolley and I canít get them
to answer their phones
Old Oct 30, 18, 12:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nonstar View Post
They were booked through travel trolley and I can’t get them
to answer their phones
OK, that will explain it. If you want to do this sort of thing you are much better off booking directly via BA.com or their contact centre since that gives you more flexibility At the moment your travel agent "owns" the tickets and BA won't touch them until 24 hours before departure - this is just a general rule. Now some travel agents are very keen to have you talk to them a lot in order to generate more business, but most online travel agents aren't like that at all. They just want easy access to big spend, rather than employ staff for customer service. I know it's not clear, but that is simply the business model that applies here. So before travel you won't find it easy to upgrade; at Online Check-in it's just possible you will be given an upgrade option (it's sometimes clearer via the App); at LGW they can look at AUP for you, details in the Dashboard.

Welcome to Flyertalk nonstar, you've come to the right place to learn the inside story behind air travel, and everyday is a school day here (for self included). Welcome to the BA forum too.