booking engine not working

Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
booking engine not working

I have not been able to book a ticket with avios upgrade J to F CDG-HKG-CDG for the past 12 hours. It's urgent.
I can select the flights (with availability), but it does not give the fare. Rather it fails "unmarshalling the fare, try again".
Even on a straight J ticket, it shows the fare for two seconds then ask to start again.
Is that a temporary problem? Anyway to fix it?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Can you just book the fare using the normal revenue booking page and call to do the UuA to F?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
That's what I am now trying to do, but the website keeps bugging at various stages and I cannot get the normal revenue booking.
It is now buggng at the visa verification stage. I got the code from my bank and did input it, but BA.com has not moved in the past ten minutes. Very frustrating.
It took the code and I have got a blank screen for the past 15 minutes. It could be linked to their "improved" security measures, but I am uncertain what to do. Risk of having two bookings?

Last edited by brunos; Oct 30, 2018 at 5:17 am
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
I was trying to do a dummy booking NCL-LHR-LAS return (pay cash, upgrade with avios) yesterday and gave up after about 10 attempts. The website was offering me seats in Y, WT+ and F but not J.

Availability in J is there, the frustrating thing was that I only wanted to see the differential in taxes and fees between W and F. Maybe this was because the site can't cope with one leg on a 2 cabin plane?

Last edited by tigertanaka; Oct 30, 2018 at 6:06 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.