Wiki Posts
Search

Flightaware or BA seatmap?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Flightaware or BA seatmap?

The BA191 is switching away from the 744, but currently my booking for Tuesday is showing on BA as the 777 seat map...Flightaware says 744.

Which is more likely to be correct?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
I think the BA one is correct. The B747’s were used for the summer season and now that it is the new timetable for the winter, the plane has changed to a B77W. Today’s flight was a B77W and yours will most likely be the same.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Currently scheduled to be B77W STBK.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by jeffers
Which is more likely to be correct?
Flightaware is probably using historic data.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
BA's IT is well known for being a, not very funny, joke but imho picking an external source over internal is a recipe for problems. Look at seatguru. Last time I checked the other week they still didn't have the LGW Densified/ 4-3 class 777-2's config anywhere near correct. For all the issues with their website and IT in general I tend to lean towards an airline knowing what plane, and it's current config, they are going to be using over xxxxxxxxx.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.