Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

'Happy Birthday from British Airways' (free avios)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Happy Birthday from British Airways' (free avios)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: KL/BMI/BA
My partner & I celebrated our 50th & 40th birthdays recently and neither of us received anything, but we are both just blues.

Slightly O/T- Princess cruises e-mailed me a gift on my 50th birthday. it was a colouring in book which I could download and print🤔
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Mine too! Hopefully the 12th will be lucky for both of us :-)

My wife's birthday was in September and she didn't get anything so am not too hopeful though!
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
BA Gold for about 12 years, milestone birthday, and had nothing from them.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Originally Posted by TWCLAM

Fingers crossed for you getting some birthday miles though and HAPPY BIRTHDAY for 2moro.
Aww thanks TWCLAM!
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:10 am

I got zip. I've been on a BA flight on my birthday this and last year and got zip then too. Mrs Y tends to prompt them when we're flying on her birthday and it resulted in an extra bottle of fizz last time which I'd gladly swap for 2018 Avios.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Not even a bottle of LGPS to take off the plane?! Whilst obviously no requirement to do such things that just seems mean and harsh. That said I always make sure im where Im going a couple days before my b'day so I can enjoy it properly but if you're on business and it cant be escaped then you'd hope one of the crew would pick up on it / check-in would and add a note the CC could see ( im not sure if that's a thing or not tbh).

From what I saw in my prev' comment it seems to be quite random to say the least and status doesn't seem to form part of it or maybe it does but in the opposite way ie targeting infrequent Blue's to maybe encourage them to fly BA more which has some logic to it. OH has since returned from an overnight and conf' that she didn't get anything for her birthday and while the flight out got us Bronze we were technically Blue when we took the flight so even that throws a spanner in the works. Maybe they have a random number generator that just picks X # of pax each month.
Last year I also flew on my birthday and indeed received a bottle of LPGS. This year I was having a quiet toast (we were really quiet) for my birthday with 2 colleagues in the area at the top of the stairs of an A380 and got told off by CC stating there were not enough oxygen masks so we had to go and take our seats.So, that was the extent of BA recognising my birthday.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
They cared enough to try to ensure you had another birthday!
Upupintheair likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by rfrost
BA Gold for about 12 years, milestone birthday, and had nothing from them.
Silver, flew CW on the day of my 60th birthday this year, no acknowledgement.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Had my birthday this month, nothing from BA, nor last few years that I have held elite status for. So far always GCH so maybe BA think I'm already a captive market.

Silly really, it is proven known business fact, that it costs 3-5x as much to win new customers versus retain existing customers.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
My girlfriend turned 40 today and received 2018 free avios, a nice little touch.
She is only a Blue much to her annoyance, even our 5yr old son is Bronze, due to the difference in how our account years fall.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Angry

31 October passed unmarked by BA, so sod you!!

Typically, my bloody daughter didn’t send me a birthday card or a FB message either.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
I didnt even get a greeting from pprune this year

Though I did get one from e rewards

I quite like computer generated happy Birthdays!

BA could even do this wothout the avios
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I received a bottle of champagne (not LPGS, despite being in F) from the CSD on my flight back from HND to LHR last week, along with a congratulatory message from him.
Not a significant birthday, although I do believe I have reached an age where they are all significant ;-)
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
My mum got the 2018 Avios back in August. She’s a Blue who averages one BA flight every few years.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:18 am

Received a Happy Birthday email today offering the 2018 Avios. Expiring Bronze here. Joined BA Frequent Flyer when it originally launched in the ‘90s. (One of the Cabin Crew told me that a launch was in the offing and suggested I keep all my boarding cards. I was travelling heavily trans atlantic at the time abd did very nicely out of the retrospective credits when it launched).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.