Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Advertorial]50 years of Concorde - Bremont watch and video

Old Oct 28, 18, 11:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

This is something different. BA - on the airline's Youtube micro site - have put up the following 5 minute 47 second video about Concorde, narrated by Tom Hardy in his best 1950s voice, which forms part of an advertorial for the UK watch manufacturer, Bremont. They have created a watch for the anniversary, and must have got BA heavily linked into it.

Regardless of one's view about the commercial link to the watch in question - the basic Supersonic model costs 10k - there are some very interesting insights in the film. The manufacturer's UK site is here:
https://www.bremont.com/collections/supersonic

And previously on Flyertalk, where we can see some contrast with what has gone before, with an exquisite hat tip to @McG and @Worcester
Concorde Watch
Old Oct 29, 18, 9:31 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Lovey tribute to Concorde indeed!
Old Oct 29, 18, 10:27 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post that.
AO
Old Oct 29, 18, 12:37 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Nice article, wonder if any FTr's will be indulging in buying one. At prices starting from around 10k I think I will give it a miss, although I would like one!
Old Oct 29, 18, 12:48 pm

Indeed, it looks to be a very nice piece, and a much better tribute to Concorde than those watches being sold in the Highlife Shop - thanks for sharing.
Old Nov 1, 18, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Much of the footage used in that video also appeared in the Concorde retirement video, as some FTers may remember from 2003. If you want to see that stuff without the commercial advertising, I see it is available at least twice on YouTube - although with what legitimacy I do not know.

If you loved her, have tissues ready for your tears.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: