Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Future CW seat

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:35 pm

Besides the A35K and 78K, there are well defined plans for retro-fit of those seats for the LHR 77E fleet (both 3 and 4 class), for the 77W fleet (including the line fit-in for the 3 new ones) and for the A380 fleet.

With regards to timescales, we've got to bear in mind that a strip-out and re-fit takes approximately 20-30 days and, considering the ongoing Trent 1000 fiasco from RR, there aren't that many spare planes around. If you look at other airlines, Air France began installing the Zodiac Cirrus in 2014 and, still, their 380s, 330-200s and some of their 777-200 and -300 are flying the angled lie-flat product.

All of the above is my own view and does not reflect BA's opinion and objectives.
SpeedbirdLHR and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I’ll be happy to fly in it at least one before I fall off my perch.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I would be hugely surprised if anything happened this week given a) anyone with kids and a few quid is on half-term holiday abroad, which would probably include Cruz and b) next week is World Travel Market, so the world's travel press will be in London from Monday but not before.

The press conference schedule for WTM is out and there is nothing from BA on it - Media Diary of Events - WTM London BA is also not exhibiting and, whilst that is totally normal for them, I would have thought they'd have made an exception for this.

Nothing in my inbox either (and, as above, I have kids and a few quid and am out of the country on half-term holiday abroad!).

We do have the Virgin A330-200 new seat launching on the ex-AirBerlin fleet in a few weeks though ....
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by T8191
I’ll be happy to fly in it at least one before I fall off my perch.
only resting your beautiful plumage though?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
I would be hugely surprised if anything happened this week given a) anyone with kids and a few quid is on half-term holiday abroad, which would probably include Cruz
I work for an airline and can tell you there are plenty of things going on and plenty of people with kids and a few quid working this week, including the CEO. I really wouldn't read much into half term.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
When the new A351 arrives with new CW will this be put onto training flights around Europe first ? As they did with 380 & 787 ? A great way to try new products without breaking the bank !
Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I work for an airline and can tell you there are plenty of things going on and plenty of people with kids and a few quid working this week, including the CEO. I really wouldn't read much into half term.
Airlines will be busy doing operational things during half term and I am sure the CEO will be hard it. But they will be so busy with the operational side of things that strategic projects like announcing a new seat will be left to a later date. So I agree with Raffles, but not necessarily for all of the same reasons.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Airlines will be busy doing operational things during half term and I am sure the CEO will be hard it. But they will be so busy with the operational side of things that strategic projects like announcing a new seat will be left to a later date. So I agree with Raffles, but not necessarily for all of the same reasons.
Not so. All the BA and IAG managers look like they ll be very involved this Friday on an event for investors and this is a once a year chance to give them this kind of good news.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Seems they like to talk a load of bollocks where as those of us who know more say nothing.
Thats the problem with vacuums: gas will always expand to fill the space
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:20 am

I would be hugely surprised if anything happened this week given a) anyone with kids and a few quid is on half-term holiday abroad, which would probably include Cruz and b) next week is World Travel Market, so the world's travel press will be in London from Monday but not before.

The press conference schedule for WTM is out and there is nothing from BA on it - Media Diary of Events - WTM London BA is also not exhibiting and, whilst that is totally normal for them, I would have thought they'd have made an exception for this.

Nothing in my inbox either (and, as above, I have kids and a few quid and am out of the country on half-term holiday abroad!).

We do have the Virgin A330-200 new seat launching on the ex-AirBerlin fleet in a few weeks though ....
Alex was at the Q3 results presentation last week and he was asked a question on when will we be able to see the new Club seat. He mentioned that they don't want to go out with a big hoo-hah since, as he said, "it'll be years before it's fully rolled out" and they don't want to create false expectations; which seems fair to me; there's no point in saying "Here's the new seat!" at cubital characters and then, font size 5 in light grey in the bottom right-hand corner, "Only on one 350 and one 777 on this route on Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday morning and, if we feel like it, Saturday".

He said the seat and a plane attached to it will be out in the summer of next year, but as for showcasing it out it's going to be, perhaps, Easter. He was very non-committal, however. So who knows.

This is all my opinion and recollection of events, not BA's.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You mean like he created a hoo-ha by implying we were gettin Do&Co across the fleet when it was just 3 routes and then took a year to roll out a blanket? :-) And as soon as the blanket appeared the trolleys went?
NoY, stewaran and cosmo74 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I met more parents from my kids school in Dubai this week than I meet in an average week doing the school run back in SW3 .....
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I would like to see Butterfly, but sadly I think there is zero chance.
I absolutely love that.
cosmo74 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:53 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher

I met more parents from my kids school in Dubai this week than I meet in an average week doing the school run back in SW3 .....
Sounds like TLV over the Easter period!

M
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue

Unless you’ve all planned to stay at the same hotel, this is an article worthy coincidence!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.