Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Selecting 63AB/JK when travelling with kids?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Selecting 63AB/JK when travelling with kids?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Question Selecting 63AB/JK when travelling with kids?

Travelling next summer to Austin on a 744. Would we be allowed to select 63 AB/JK on the upper deck, with my wife and I taking the designated emergency exit seats 63B/J? Or would BA class that as two adults in emergency exits being unsuitable, given we'd have dependants (aged 3 and 5) in non-emergency exit seats (63A/K) but under our responsibility?

Trying to find a good option to sit four-abreast on the upper deck, and ideally where my kids could get up from their seats without having to step over others. My wife and I want the aisle to be able to speak to each other mid-flight.

Such a shame the bassinet in 64A stops that row from being booked, as it would have been perfect.

On our previous US jaunts row 5 across worked perfectly for all four of us, but we weren't luck in getting four F seats with Avios this time as the most which ever showed on a July departure next year were 3 :-(

Any thoughts / ideas? Thank you...

Last edited by 747_not_777; Oct 27, 2018 at 6:17 am
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Your proposed adults in B/J solution seems to fit the bill. I’ve not heard of any requirements specific to parenting from those locations.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:30 am

I’ve done almost exactly what you suggest, with no problems. I sat in the designated exit seat and my son in the adjacent non-exit seat of 63jk.

You can also also avoid the stepping-over problem by taking 63 jk and 64 jk as a block of 4,which additionally solves the problem of your wife wanting to talk to you :-)
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thank you - I could have sworn I'd read something somewhere saying a person in an emergency exit seat couldn't be responsible for someone else in the cabin, which I thought discounted me, but my memory must be playing up as I can't see that rule existing here: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Your task is to assist the C C if necessary with opening the door and getting people out. The latter automatically includes helping your children to the BIG slide adventure park! Although I understand (could be wrong) that the UD slides are a bit of a last resort (risk of injuries) ... evacuation via the stairs is preferred, I believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.