Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA data theft: should I join the class action suit?

BA data theft: should I join the class action suit?

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 20, 21, 4:47 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: T8191
Wiki Link
This thread relates to SPG Law's proposed Group Proceedings against British Airways, in respect of the Data Protection Act 2018 (which incorporates the GDPR).
There is a separate thread that relates to the actual data breaches and their implications for customers, which is to be found here: BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data

The one law firm that currently seems to be persuing a Class Action against BA is SPG. They have a specific site set up at https://www.badatabreach.com/ - please make sure you check all the FAQs and terms and conditions and make sure the Class Action is right for you before you sign up.

* SPG is now PGMBM.
* Payments are being made through Shieldpay, who are seeming to be both lethargic and/or inept.
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 6, 21, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Wink Yes!

YES! Group 1 claimant, funds were transferred to my UK bank yesterday.

And ... relax!

Good luck to everyone still waiting/
Tiger_lily and kc1174 like this.
Old Oct 6, 21, 10:51 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Payment finally arrived as well (EU bank account).
kc1174 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 21, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BritBoyInFL View Post
My payment arrived today, after being promised by Shieldpay last Friday 1st October.

Presume mine wasnít processed in isolation, check your account boys n girls !
Nice! They promised mine on 9/17.. am in the US but my bank already confirmed wire transfers process within 24 hours of them being sent as long as thereís no name vs account number mismatch, so location shouldnít matter.
Good to see some of us regulars here are finally getting the payment.
Old Oct 6, 21, 8:32 pm

I'm still waiting for mine, however had a request for additional information from Shieldpay last week. Crazy wait.
Old Oct 7, 21, 7:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Truly a ridiculous and cumbersome process.I am Category 1a and submitted my information multiple times over the past year, most recently on August 17 when they requested a new bank statement less than 3 months old. I sent them one dated early June fulfilling their criteria. On October 1 received a request for yet another statement, presumably because by the time they got around to using the statement it has now aged beyond 3 months. So I am back to square one.
Old Oct 7, 21, 2:59 pm

Is anyone in the US with a US based Charles Schwab account having issues getting their payments.
Old Oct 7, 21, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by dnLwire View Post
Is anyone in the US with a US based Charles Schwab account having issues getting their payments.
Iím in the US with Chase and the only problem is Shieldpay havenít sent it.
makin'miles likes this.
Old Oct 12, 21, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by kc1174 View Post
They likely will - took them a month to ask for mine. Honestly - Iíd call PGMBM if I was you and maybe suggest sending the bank statement to them instead and have PGMBM take it from there for you. The guy I spoke to the other day when I called PGMBM was really helpful and gave me more confidence in this than Iíve had in the last month and a half.
So I never heard from the person I spoke to at PGMBM 2 weeks ago..
Seemed like heíd be really helpful when I was on the phone with him, but havenít heard from him again.
I guess Iíll have to add international calling to my cellphone plan again to avoid a $3.99/min call.
Ps for those of us still waiting - happy almost 2 monthaversary!
Old Oct 14, 21, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, Skywards Silver
Just to add a data point:
Catergory 1 claimant.
Payment from Shieldpay just arrived into UK bank account.
Old Oct 14, 21, 6:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I guess Iíll have to add international calling to my cellphone plan again to avoid a $3.99/min call.
Or just use Skype (or similar).
Old Oct 14, 21, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Or just use Skype (or similar).
They only really work if the other party is using the same app unfortunately - and thereís still a cost. Anyway, I gave up and went the Financial Ombudsman Service complaint route. May take a little longer now, but Shieldpay will be watched by their regulators, so could help others in the long run.
Old Oct 14, 21, 7:38 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
They only really work if the other party is using the same app unfortunately - and thereís still a cost. Anyway, I gave up and went the Financial Ombudsman Service complaint route. May take a little longer now, but Shieldpay will be watched by their regulators, so could help others in the long run.
You can call standard phone numbers on Skype. There is a cost though, if pennies.
Old Oct 17, 21, 2:25 pm

did anyone not from the UK use the Transferwise UK/GBP borderless account as the account receiving the payment from Shieldpay ? Did you receive the payment ?
Old Oct 17, 21, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by hoipolloi View Post
did anyone not from the UK use the Transferwise UK/GBP borderless account as the account receiving the payment from Shieldpay ? Did you receive the payment ?
I did yes, and finally received the payment last Thursday or Friday.
hoipolloi likes this.
Old Oct 17, 21, 8:50 pm

Iíve repeatedly tried to get a response from ShieldPay for the last week. Nothing.

Search this Thread