Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA data theft: should I join the class action suit?

BA data theft: should I join the class action suit?

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 20, 21, 4:47 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: T8191
Wiki Link
This thread relates to SPG Law's proposed Group Proceedings against British Airways, in respect of the Data Protection Act 2018 (which incorporates the GDPR).
There is a separate thread that relates to the actual data breaches and their implications for customers, which is to be found here: BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data

The one law firm that currently seems to be persuing a Class Action against BA is SPG. They have a specific site set up at https://www.badatabreach.com/ - please make sure you check all the FAQs and terms and conditions and make sure the Class Action is right for you before you sign up.

* SPG is now PGMBM.
* Payments are being made through Shieldpay, who are seeming to be both lethargic and/or inept.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 13, 21, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
It's worth scrolling down to the small print of PGMBM's email and noting their figures for disbursements and costs, the latter being approximately 6x the settlement for Cat 2A claimants! They must think they've found a magic money tree.
omk298 likes this.

Last edited by Postdoc; Aug 13, 21 at 3:08 am
Old Aug 13, 21, 2:56 am

Can posters (well a certain poster) not message and ask how much I got in private messages. A word of warning to others, do not reply with your amount as you signed an agreement.
Tiger_lily, 1Aturnleft and omk298 like this.
Old Aug 13, 21, 3:19 am
Suspended

I am confused as to why some people paid 35% fees and some 25%?
Old Aug 13, 21, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by applebum32 View Post
I am confused as to why some people paid 35% fees and some 25%?
And some paid none at all.
Old Aug 13, 21, 3:46 am

Obviously it is against the rules to disclose how much you got and this should not be done.

But completely o/t (sorry) If you had an unlimited supply of breadsticks to enjoy, how many might do you think you could physically eat in a year? And how many would you share with your best friend (who could a doctor, lawyer, financial manager, bus driver, postman)? (with apologies to Yes Minister)
Old Aug 13, 21, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by GBOAC View Post
Obviously it is against the rules to disclose how much you got and this should not be done.

But completely o/t (sorry) If you had an unlimited supply of breadsticks to enjoy, how many might do you think you could physically eat in a year? And how many would you share with your best friend (who could a doctor, lawyer, financial manager, bus driver, postman)? (with apologies to Yes Minister)
que? (With apologies to Fawlty Towers)
Old Aug 13, 21, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
...given PGMBM said in court it was spending 1m on advertising alone.
Much of the "advertising" was through this forum (I for one got to know about the case from here) so shouldn't all FT'ers who contributed to this forum get a cut of the advertising fee?
Old Aug 13, 21, 4:09 am

Smile

Originally Posted by deadinabsentia View Post
Oh, I am happy.. will drink a number of full glasses of Champagne with the proceeds.
I'm putting my proceeds towards an Orthogonal Devices ER-301 Sound Computer module. Beat that.
86BA7 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 21, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Postdoc View Post
que? (With apologies to Fawlty Towers)
cosmo74, HarryKUK, S_W_S and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 13, 21, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by GBOAC View Post
That makes perfect sense. Brilliant.
GBOAC likes this.
Old Aug 13, 21, 5:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Given that BA are supposed to have looked at every line of the claim, I can't help but wonder, did golds get 1, silvers 2a (me included) and bronzes 2b? Blues and others were not worthy of anything!
lhrpete likes this.
Old Aug 13, 21, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold Amb.
It's worth scrolling down to the small print of PGMBM's email and noting their figures for disbursements and costs, the latter being approximately 6x the settlement for Cat 2A claimants! They must think they've found a magic money tree.
Why? they go on to say that the costs recovered don't cover it.
Old Aug 13, 21, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by holloway1000 View Post
Why? they go on to say that the costs recovered don't cover it.
Granted, but I bet it's still a pretty sizeable sum given the number of claimants.
Old Aug 13, 21, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Dover2Golf View Post
Given that BA are supposed to have looked at every line of the claim, I can't help but wonder, did golds get 1, silvers 2a (me included) and bronzes 2b? Blues and others were not worthy of anything!
I wonder if they told us not to disclose the amount because they actually have Golds/Silvers and Bronzes more than us lowly blues hahah
SxMan likes this.
Old Aug 13, 21, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
I'm putting my proceeds towards an Orthogonal Devices ER-301 Sound Computer module. Beat that.

You made out about twice as good as I did then!
oceanscape likes this.

Search this Thread