Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10 hours layover in T5-First Class ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by seaskybound
The back of your airplane
And the Concorde lounge. Inbound F doesn't qualify to use this lounge in T5.

Go into town. Although you may have 2 hours or so waiting to get into the UK
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Originally Posted by sdix
And the Concorde lounge. Inbound F doesn't qualify to use this lounge in T5
I think it does, from experience earlier this year...? Unless this is non-BA F and I’ve missed something in which case apologies....
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador

thats not correct. Same day arrival on BA F means CCR access even if the next flight is in a lower cabin.

see the lounge access threads

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28247202-post2.html

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Oct 26, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS

It definitely does. I did just that 3 weeks ago. Transferred from F to ET and CCR access was no problem. Also stated in the lounge rules.

When I was in the CCR for the first and only time 3 weeks ago I had scheduled 6 hours there. The breakfast room had closed when I arrived, so that wasn't an option. I had booked a cabana for 4 hours and got myself a meal in the CCR first and then a 1 hour nap, a shower etc. Afterwards I got a massage and went back for another meal and then drinks on the terrace. Those 6 hours went by very quickly and I could've easily have spent another 4. If you cannot go to the BA museum I would just stay in the CCR.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:25 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I have certainly spent around 5 to 6 hours in the CCR, and for those of us who are very, very infrequent visitors there is a certain novelty value in the service levels compared to the F lounge that CCR cardholders and regular F passengers will perhaps not appreciate nor wish to experience.

However, at 10 hours even I - as someone inclined to try as many different wines as possible in moderation - would be thoroughly bored.

The Heritage Collection and museum, if you’re even remotely interested in aviation, would be a superb place to spend 2-3 hours - it’s a fabulous experience and you effectively get a personal tour because of the limited numbers. The volunteer curators are knowledgeable and extremely enthusiastic, and you should get in assuming you can give a few days’ notice.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Get off plane

Go to shower, change.

Head to CCR for breakfast.

DON'T I repeat DON'T go to a cabana and rest.

Go to the bar and get absolutely pissed out of your mind.

Go on FT and look at what celebs are in the CCR. Those you don't know are transient. So go and abuse them.

Then see what FT regulars are in the CCR. make mental note of name. However, you are pissed so the only one you remember is corporate WS or something......

Go around every person in the CCR (while spilling LGPS over them) and say "Oi!!! are you CWS? I'm traveling in 1st... don't you know!!!

Then as they try to throw you out shout at the top of your voice. "I'm travelling in first and I demand to be here."

Then read the DYKWIA thread for the next 5 days going OMG what have I done.

Beats a boring day in London. :-)
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
PS I'm not being serious :-)

Go into London and have a couple of hours pottering around. :-)
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Get outside ! Lunch in Bray ? Central London ? Museum ? Gallery ? A million things more interesting than being stuck inside a big glass box ...
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

One has to remember the OP hasn't been in the CCR before. My first visit was around the same length of time the OP's and the wife never complained. We had planned to take a break from the lounge and go visiting the shops but never got around to it.
Personally I wouldn't plan another marathon stay but if I had no other choice I wouldn't be at all concerned apart from not being able to smoke a Capstan....certainly beats spending hours and hours out in the public areas. There's not a bad view either which helps...unlike other F lounges I've been in.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Make any decision based on the weather and time of your actual arrival. If in the winter may well be delayed by fog bad weather. Have two options, late arrival indulge in the CCR otherwise head into London (if needed after a shower and breakfast in the arrivals lounge) and walk/sight see off jet lag. The CCR is OK but for a short stay not worth it for a long one. Regardless of the day of the week would suggest heading into town unless the flight is seriously delayed.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Well, thank god we’re all different, because there isn’t a lounge in the world where I’d want to spend more than four hours. Seriously, go into London and make use of your time.
rossmacd and subject2load like this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by flipper118
As Im flying out on a CE ticket, are there any aspects of T5 I wouldn't be privy to enjoying?
This could be an issue, where do you fly to?
Not all CE departures go from T5.

If a T5 departure I would opt for the arrival lounge breakfast and shower, then go back via the first wing and F lounge before settling into the CCR doing the LPGS and espresso martinis.

Globalist
Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops
Go around every person in the CCR (while spilling LGPS over them) and say "Oi!!! are you CWS? I'm traveling in 1st... don't you know!!!
One regular FT member has done exactly this.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Other option is go lounge hopping across terminals. Go over to T3 take a look at CX F and QF. Not sure about QR in T4 access? If you have priority pass there are some interesting lounges.

i am assuming F arrival gets you in there. You will spend time on buses security, walking around but could be interesting to explore if you never have?

Or grab a curry from many of the places close to T5

or go for a swim and spa at the Sofitel. I spent a very enjoyable half day there. At that time they even supplied simple bathers. May have been cheaper to get a day room?

KF
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
With 10 hours to kill and a first class ticket it might be worth attempting a transit to the T3 lounges and back (if I'm right that that is possible when arriving in T5)
I've never been to the CCR (yet), but QF and CX lounges are both rather nice places to spend a while.

I rather like extended lounge visits, but even I would draw the line somewhere around 4 or 5 hours - I've made it to the Petronas towers and Sydney opera house in 6 hours each in KUL and SYD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.