Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10 hours layover in T5-First Class ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
Ill be arriving from JFK, so Im hoping to take advantage of both the facilities in T7 and the 6 hr flight
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:32 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Seraglio

can i have some more info? Is this airside or landside? What bus. I would like to see the heritage museum as well.

The museum is off-site, at BA HQ at Waterside. You'll either need a taxi or use of the staff buses - which require a permission letter from an authorised member of BA staff - to get there (or you can take a 350 bus from T5 and walk a short distance).

Visits are by application only, and you need to apply in advance - unless you already have a Waterside appointment and the volunteer curators can fit you in this can't normally be arranged on the day. Visits are free.

Details on the collection and how to apply at:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...age-collection
flipper118 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:34 am

Something different:

Kew Gardens if you are a botanical fan or like large areas of quiet green space to wander around (Piccadilly line change at Turnham Green and a couple of stops on the District to Kew).
flipper118 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Seen as you've not experienced them before just stay and sample all that's on offer. That's what you'd planned on doing all along wasn't it? 😉
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just went through T5 for the first time in over a year 2 days ago. I had access to galleries first and not the CCR but no matter what, if I had anything resembling a 5+ hour layover I’d be out of there and doing something else in London if at all possible. The terminal is a horrible place to shuffle through, from the tedious security to the masses of people to the train ride to your gates to the guys getting blitzed on champagne in the lounge, the whole experience is a frustrating downer. Any chance to get out in some fresh air and explore a great city should be taken, especially when the alternative is an overstuffed air terminal. The free booze isn’t worth it.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Seen as you've not experienced them before just stay and sample all that's on offer. That's what you'd planned on doing all along wasn't it? 😉

Well yes, this was more along the lines of what I was thinking. I'm in London most months for a few days, and I'm sure a couple of drinks with a friend in Central London would put me in 'missing my flight' territory.

So I guess my question is 'how can I make the most of 10 hours in T5 on a I/b First Class ticket?'
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by flipper118
Ill be arriving from JFK, so Im hoping to take advantage of both the facilities in T7 and the 6 hr flight
So you want to do a full JFK CCR experience, enjoy 6 hour F flight, and then 10 hours in the LHR CCR?

I envy your stamina!
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by LCY8737

So you want to do a full JFK CCR experience, enjoy 6 hour F flight, and then 10 hours in the LHR CCR?

I envy your stamina!

This is exactly what I want to do
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hmm...10 hours you say you have at LHR?

Plenty of time for a B2B from LHR in that time surely; DUB/AMS perhaps? 😀👍
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by billyb750
Hmm...10 hours you say you have at LHR?

Plenty of time for a B2B from LHR in that time surely; DUB/AMS perhaps? 😀👍

This sounds like an interesting suggestion, but I'll never meet any of the TP thresholds to make any nested booking worthwhile.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:20 am
Original Poster

As Im flying out on a CE ticket, are there any aspects of T5 I wouldn't be privy to enjoying?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
As Im flying out on a CE ticket, are there any aspects of T5 I wouldn't be privy to enjoying?
The back of your airplane
IntVic, toothy and thunderlounge like this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
This is exactly what I want to do
After two hours of lounge-hopping you are going to be bored out of your mind. It's going to seem like the longest day of your life.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
This F ticket is operated by BA, right? If not, you might find the CCR a bit... closed to you. You would have access to the F lounge, but it should really be called the Emerald lounge, and while I have spent 12 hours there before, that was only "working from home."
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Misco60
After two hours of lounge-hopping you are going to be bored out of your mind. It's going to seem like the longest day of your life.
Couldn’t agree more. Two is just about fine. But ten hours at T5 - and all self-imposed .....
I’d find it too tedious to even contemplate the scenario but each to his own I guess.

With all the things available to see & do in this big wide world, I’m reminded of that old story about the one thing nobody would ever write if asked to pen their own epitaph for a headstone :
I wish I’d spent more time at the office”.
(I could happily subsitute airport lounges for office !)

Is there perhaps something incredibly magical about free food ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.