Wiki Posts
Search

10 hours layover in T5-First Class ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
10 hours layover in T5-First Class ticket

I'm arriving into T5 at 8am on a First ticket and my connecting CE flight isn't until 6pm. How on earth will I keep myself occupied? Any ideas much appreciated.

As Ive never used T5 First facilities before Id like to get my moneys worth.

Last edited by flipper118; Oct 26, 2018 at 9:26 am
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Get on the HeX and get out of there!
David_Doyle, cruisr and aztimm like this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Go into London?
cruisr, aztimm, LTN Phobia and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Windsor is another option

there are plenty of similar threads with advice on how to get there / back etc
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:54 am
Original Poster

edited my original post
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by flipper118
I'm arriving into T5 at 8am on a First ticket and my connecting flight isn't until 6pm. How on earth will I keep myself occupied? Any ideas much appreciated.

Is your inbound and outbound in F?

if so use CCR arrivals and bath, then head into london for a few hours, then back for a few hours in the CCR before your flight.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flipper118
I'm arriving into T5 at 8am on a First ticket and my connecting flight isn't until 6pm. How on earth will I keep myself occupied? Any ideas much appreciated.

10 hours in an airport is miserable, even if you have access to first class lounges. You'll be half an hour from the centre of London, one of the most exciting cities in the world, so jump on a train and not worry about "getting your money's worth".
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If you've got eligibility to enter UK easily - then absolutely go somewhere other than LHR !!
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Ignore the naysayers.

By the time you arrive and get through immigration it may well be 9am. Head to the CCR and grab some breakfast. Then book a cabana from 10-2 and get some rest. Or at least some quiet and a shower. Following this arrange a spa and have a leisurely lunch, parhaps taking a walk through the tunnels to stretch your legs. A few cocktails at the bar and it will soon be 6pm.

This comes from somebody who arrived at CCR at 10am this morning with a departure at 8.40pm. I am happy!
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:12 am

That is just long enough to get so Pi$$ed you get offloaded from your flight. I know someone who has form for this. Enjoy your stay.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:15 am

It's definitely a long time, even with the First Class facilities. Assuming you don't wan't to go into London, you could first head to the arrivals lounge, eat breakfast in the Concorde breakfast room and then take a bath in one of the baths there. Then, you could take the bus over to the BA head office and visit the heritage museum which is excellent. By the time you are finished with that, you'll still probably have 4 hours before your flight. You can head through the First Wing and through to the Concorde room in departures area. You could get a 15 minute spa treatment (First pax can book in these in advance), make use of a cabana for a while, then order some food in the CCR. After a delicious 3 courses a accompanied by copious amounts of LPGS, you could post a photo on Facebook of you doing a HoyTilt. Then smash a couple of espresso martinis before your trek to the gate.
flipper118 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stewaran
Is your inbound and outbound in F?

if so use CCR arrivals and bath, then head into london for a few hours, then back for a few hours in the CCR before your flight.
My o/b is in CE, does that limit my options?

Last edited by flipper118; Oct 26, 2018 at 9:22 am Reason: changed
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
Ignore the naysayers.

By the time you arrive and get through immigration it may well be 9am. Head to the CCR and grab some breakfast. Then book a cabana from 10-2 and get some rest. Or at least some quiet and a shower. Following this arrange a spa and have a leisurely lunch, parhaps taking a walk through the tunnels to stretch your legs. A few cocktails at the bar and it will soon be 6pm.

This comes from somebody who arrived at CCR at 10am this morning with a departure at 8.40pm. I am happy!
this sounds like a good plan
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
Then, you could take the bus over to the BA head office and visit the heritage museum which is excellent.
can i have some more info? Is this airside or landside? What bus. I would like to see the heritage museum as well.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
Then, you could take the bus over to the BA head office and visit the heritage museum which is excellent.
The museum is a good shout really.

You need to be pretty desperate to spend 10 hours in airline lounges whether it's arrivals or departures.
rossmacd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.