10 hours layover in T5-First Class ticket

Old Oct 28, 18, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
Hi,
What time is your hotel check out - if you can get a 1 or 2 pm check out I would head to the airport but if you get kicked out at 11am I might spend a couple of extra hours in NYC.

If in F from JFK you could try to get a spa treatment as well as visiting the new First lounge as well as the Club lounge and CCR at T7

Regards

TBS
Hopefully I'll get a late check out 2-3pm so given the traffic at that point it'll take over an hour to get to JFK. I will have to see what treatments are on offer as none of them are prebookable apparently.

Iv'e flown F a couple of times to JNB and LAS, but have never had time to visit the lounges so I think its time I did!
Old Oct 28, 18, 10:12 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR PLT, IHG PLT
Reserve a cabana and get a shower and some sleep then follow it by a massage and then a meal with a good wine
Old Nov 24, 18, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
Update: I managed to survive 10 hours in the Corcorde Room at T5. Shower, breakfast, massage and facial, a couple of espresso martinis, couple of cosmos, a lie down on the terrace with snacks here and there. I had a cabana booked for a couple of hours but didn't end up using it; it looked quite claustrophobic.

I had 1A (dining) and 1K (sleeping) on my flight, so all in all it was quite a civilised 26 hour door-to door journey (not sure id do it again though).
gliderpilot likes this.