Tie up GGL to CK

Old Oct 24, 18, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR Lifetime, Hilton Diamond Life
Tie up GGL to CK

Is there a chance to obtain the CK benefits from AA being a GGL/CCR member for 10 years with BA? 50% of my costs are with AA.
Old Oct 24, 18, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Why not credit to 50% to AA ? Would this not get you concierge key ?
Old Oct 24, 18, 7:19 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, UA 1K, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Welcome to FT. Officially not, unofficially there are some instances, take a look here:

Consistent Concierge Key treatment at ORD for BA GGL
Old Oct 24, 18, 7:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
AA has to pay BA for all those Avios and Tier Points. AA would much rather you earned AA miles instead. So I doubt that they'll give you Concierge Key benefits (invitation only FWIW) when your loyalty is clearly to a different airline.
Old Oct 24, 18, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR Lifetime, Hilton Diamond Life
I would prefer to keep my miles with BA. I'm border line to get both if I split the tickets and accounts.
Old Oct 24, 18, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Jezz View Post
I would prefer to keep my miles with BA. I'm border line to get both if I split the tickets and accounts.
Them's the breaks....no different to how I'm sure long time BA Golds would want to get EXP benefits on AA either (SWUs, free upgrades on domestics etc.)

My recommendation would be to read up the thread on the AA forum to see how you can most efficiently earn Concierge Key with your flight patterns and start crediting accordingly. The BA system is pretty cut and dry, whereas CK is not and looks at revenue and flight patterns. I guess the easiest you could do would be to earn your CCR card and then put everything else on AAdvantage and see how that works out. If you're flying highest cabin available (just a hunch) then you're not missing out on anything that can't be obtained by showing your BAEC card (Flagship Check-In and lounges). If you don't get CK then you'll have a nice chunk of miles that you can use on some of the non-BA partners that AA tie up with, such as Etihad. If you are UK based there are some pretty nice sweetspots for AA redemptions.
Old Oct 24, 18, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, HH Silver, IHG Gold Elite, Sixt Gold
I would also consider the Gold for life TP pot...if you split accounts you reduce your velocity in acquiring status for life. BUT, I see you are already a lifetime carholder so wouldn't be easier to just start the year acquiring AA status and then switch to BA to accumulate avios once you get CK?
Old Oct 24, 18, 8:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
It should be kept in mind that the CK program is 'by invitation only'. There is no officially published qualifying criteria, it's not something that can is automatically earned by passing a certain qualification threshold, it is entirely possible (likely even) that you spend tens of thousands of dollars with AA only to find that necessary tap on your shoulder remains elusive. The only status you would be guaranteed by putting your dollars in AA's pocket is EXP.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Oct 24, 18, 9:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I wonder what the OP is looking for from CK, over and above BA Emerald? From what I can see its main benefits are being top of the pile for upgrades and the occasional golf cart.
Old Oct 24, 18, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by Airprox View Post
Welcome to FT. Officially not, unofficially there are some instances, take a look here:

Consistent Concierge Key treatment at ORD for BA GGL
Incidentally, someone really needs to update that thread title - it's anything but consistent!
Old Oct 24, 18, 11:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, UA Premier 1K
Originally Posted by opalfruit View Post

Incidentally, someone really needs to update that thread title - it's anything but consistent!
If it bugs you so much just report it to one of the moderator...
Old Oct 24, 18, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Surrey CCC
I think that CK is a little overrated to be honest (over and above ExPlat) - my partner is CK and I haven't seen any "wow blowout" moments when we've been travelling together, especially on AA metal. Premium flights (LHR-JFK, LAX transcons) are often fully-booked in the premium cabins, so it's by no means a guarantee that CK upgrades clear, and pre-boarding happens anyway with Group 1 and Group 2 (on AA). The biggest benefit that she gets is the IRROPS treatment, which is brilliant, and the tight connections transfer. I've you're on AA metal, then they will do absolutely everything in their power for you to make the connection. Doesn't always happen with ExPlat / OWE.

That said, I've heard that GS, iO, AP and some of the other invite-only programmes are wonderful. Perhaps for another forum / discussion.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: