FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lounge in HEL? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1937125-lounge-hel.html)

lkrt Jan 1, 2019 1:27 am

Originally Posted by haapalainen (Post 30594226)
Will they be allowed to use the new premiun lounge or sent to other lounges?

I was told by a lounge attendant that as soon as the refurbishment of the Premium side finishes in February, it will be opened to those that have access (i. e. Emeralds and AY+ golds) but I'm not sure they can just get away not offering any lounge to J passengers, for instance.

CMK10 Jan 2, 2019 4:19 pm

I went through HEL twice in the last week. On 12/26 I used the current Finnair Lounge by Gate 50 which due to the renovations is barely worth using. No showers or sauna, no hot food besides one soup in the evenings, the drinks are all behind a counter and you get a tiny pour of mediocre alcohol and there isn't much seating.

On my way back to I went to the PP Affiliated Almost@Home Lounge which does still have a shower. Staff were very friendly and they had a decent spread of cold cuts, cheese and breads out. Alcohol is for pay only but I found the concept relaxing and the place pleasant to hang out at. Still, until February at least you can get a shower at HEL.

nivsy Jan 4, 2019 11:30 am

Alcohol is "pay only"? You are kidding surely!!

groenroos Jan 4, 2019 11:36 am

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 30601325)
Alcohol is for pay only

Sounds like going with the Finnair lounge was the correct choice after all. :D

Now if only they could also put those bottles out on the counter, it'd probably be my favourite lounge so far.

TheFlyingCyclist Jan 4, 2019 12:25 pm

Really? It wasn’t when I was in the almost at home a month or so ago. Beer on tap, wine and sparking wine in the chillers. Not that I had all that! Food was good.

Akoz Nov 17, 2019 9:33 am

Sorry to revive an old thread, but would appreciate current advice on which lounge to use at HEL in three weeks time. BA Silver +1 both travelling in CE back to LHR.

Mike P Nov 17, 2019 10:12 am

The lounge you need is the new Finnair lounge near gate number 50. It's divided into two parts, the Platinum Lounge to the left for Oneworld Emeralds the Business lounge to the right for OWS. I have been there twice in the past week (Platinum Lounge) and it's very pleasant so I'd hope the Business Lounge would be more than acceptable. Enjoy Helsinki.

OH-LGG Mar 8, 2020 11:28 am

Edit. Wrong place

xvirginx Mar 8, 2020 2:31 pm

I went through HEL on Saturday and the "Almost @ home lounge" is now closed wef 02 March 2020 and of course, you can now use the respective Finnair lounge according to your status and class of travel.

Nothing against the "Almost @ home lounge" but I prefer the new refurbished lounge.