Hong Kong Airport

Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Qantas Singapore Airlines
Hong Kong Airport

I am travelling Business Class from LHR to Hong Kong, then onto Manila in Cathay 'Y' Class. Will I be able to access any lounges in Hong Kong while in transit? This is on the same ticket.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:15 pm

As long as your arrival flight in business class is longer than 5 hours, you can enter CX lounges.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:43 am

Based on oneworld rules, yes. Just remember that you'll need to show your inbound business class boarding pass as well as the outbound connecting one, so make sure you keep hold of them both.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
5 to choose from in T1 if on OW ticket
Qantas
CX - The Deck, Wing, Pier or Bridge.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Ace71
5 to choose from in T1 if on OW ticket
Qantas
CX - The Deck, Wing, Pier or Bridge.
As an aside, since you have access to business lounges only, my recommendation would be the Qantas lounge.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I couldn't find the Qantas lounge on my last visit and ended up in the Cathay Lounge as I was running short of time. I've always found immigration and security to be very efficient at HK, and the lounges pretty decent, but unimpressed with speed of bag delivery. I suppose the quicker immigration is the longer the wait for bags seems.

Last edited by South London Bon Viveur; Oct 25, 2018 at 1:43 am
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
I couldn't find the Qantas lounge on my last visit and ended up in the Cathay Lounge as I was running shirt of time. I've always found immigration and security to be very efficient at HK, and the lounges pretty decent, but unimpressed with speed of bag delivery. I suppose the quicker immigration is the longer the wait for bags seems.
To be honest, HKG is still good, but a little bit worse than before.
The A380 aircraft parks quite far from the baggage collection, usually 60 62 64 66, and waited 1 hour for baggage handling is normal for the passengers in the back of the aircraft.

For my case, it is a short transit from BRU via LHR to HKG, so my bags are in general faster than some business class passengers.

QF lounge is near Gate 15, very close to the BA gate of 15 and 16/17 for departure
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Qantas lounges at HKG: Location: International / Level 7 / Above Gate 15 / After Security
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:29 pm

I pretty sure that if you exit security on the left side of the airport, the Wing is your nearest lounge and if you exit security on the right side it's the Qantas lounge.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I pretty sure that if you exit security on the left side of the airport, the Wing is your nearest lounge and if you exit security on the right side it's the Qantas lounge.
The QF lounge is on the same level as security and very easy to reach.

However, to get to the business class side of the Wing from security, you need to go downstairs, through some of the shopping area, and then enter at the same level as the gates.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
The QF lounge is on the same level as security and very easy to reach.

However, to get to the business class side of the Wing from security, you need to go downstairs, through some of the shopping area, and then enter at the same level as the gates.
Meant to say nearest CX lounge.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Meant to say nearest CX lounge.
Sorry, I wasn't intending to sound like I was disagreeing with you. What you posted was correct; I just hoped that some additional instructions might help someone looking for the business class entrance to the Wing.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
the wing is only on the left if you are Emerald/Gold for entry. However, as I find with ALL CX lounges if you say, I'm a bit lost, could you show me through to teh business lounge they will take you through. IMHO, CX lounges are the best on the planet.

Even the bridge business lounge makes GF look bad and if I end up there I generally don't bother to move unless for food. I prefer the pier 1st myself for food.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
OP: Yes youll get lounge access. Personally Id suggest Qantas lounge and the Pier of CX. Both very nice lounges IMO. Of coz you can visit all CX lounges if you have more than enough time.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
I don’t like the Qantas lounge. Just don’t like the ambience or decor/style of the lounge at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.