Wiki Posts
Search

Gold priority rewards restriction

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Gold priority rewards restriction

Looking to book a Comair flight. No normal (or V-class) rewards available on the date I need. Tried to book using double avios, but agent informed me that this is only available on BA mainline flights, not BA franchise. Is he correct or should I HUACA?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by andrelux
Looking to book a Comair flight. No normal (or V-class) rewards available on the date I need. Tried to book using double avios, but agent informed me that this is only available on BA mainline flights, not BA franchise. Is he correct or should I HUACA?
I believe that is indeed correct, only for BA mainline flights.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27691545-post10.html

Priority Reward is an opportunity for Gold card holders to book any available seat in any cabin, provided there are commercial seats available for sale on any flight for double the standard redemption rate. Priority Reward bookings can only be made offline, more than 30 days in advance and are open to BA mainline flights only

Here are the full T & C's:
  1. Gold Priority Reward allows Gold Executive Club Members only to redeem Avios points by making a booking from the available non-reward seats, using double the standard amount of Avios.
  2. Bookings to use double Avios can only be made by calling your Executive Club service centre and cannot be made online.
  3. Bookings must be made at least 30 days prior to the date of travel.
  4. Only available on British Airways marketed and operated flights.
  5. Gold Priority Reward is available subject to seat availability in the desired cabin of travel of a particular flight.
  6. Gold Priority Reward bookings are subject to applicable taxes, fees, charges and airline surcharges.
  7. Gold Priority Reward may not be used in conjunction with [i] Avios & Money, [ii] Gold Upgrade for One or Gold Upgrade for Two; or [iii] Avios for Upgrade or [iv] American Express Vouchers.
  8. Once booked, changes can be made both on Ba.com and by calling the service centre. Cancellations and/or refunds must be requested by calling the service centre. Redemption flight and services fees apply.
  9. Gold Priority Reward bookings are subject to the Terms and Conditions.
  10. For Gold Priority Reward bookings, the standard Avios price for a Reward booking will be debited immediately; and following this the additional Avios will be debited from the Gold Executive Club Member's account within 21 days.
  11. Telephone and online booking/service fees may apply.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Ah, OK. Thanks

I'd used them before on mainline.

Those pesky T+Cs, eh?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Ah, OK. Thanks

I'd used them before on mainline.

Those pesky T+Cs, eh?
Sorry to be the bearer of negative news but yes I agree, pesky T &C's!

Thinking of the old saying "The Devil is in the Detail"
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Slightly OT, who controls release of award seats on Comair operated flights? BA or Comair themselves?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Unfortunately it is correct, I have tried a few times to book LCY flights to no avail.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was also refused this on Titan operated flights this year. Annoying as these were originally supposed to be BA mainline, but the computer said no, despite trying multiple agents.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
FWIW the V-class benefit does not apply on Comair.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by volar
I was also refused this on Titan operated flights this year. Annoying as these were originally supposed to be BA mainline, but the computer said no, despite trying multiple agents.
Its not computer says no though. Its specifically a policy that says it can only be done on BA mainline flights. I expect the reason is that City flyer plus other franchises have separate revenue management teams.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Anonba

Its not computer says no though. Its specifically a policy that says it can only be done on BA mainline flights. I expect the reason is that City flyer plus other franchises have separate revenue management teams.
Only Titan is not really a franchise - it's just wetleasing the aircraft? Or has BA entered a more formal relationship with them that is to stay?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Only Titan is not really a franchise - it's just wetleasing the aircraft? Or has BA entered a more formal relationship with them that is to stay?
Indeed, It is a BA mainline flight run with a normal BA mainline flight number. It is sadly an inability of BA to adapt their policy to their own commercial decision. I think this same issue has been seen when others have operated BA LHR/LGW mainline scheduled flights.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
As Peter01 has indicated the GPR only applies to BA marketed and operated flights.
What is less often discussed is the ba.com definition of marketed and operated which are at: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...s/public/en_gb
and state:
'Marketed' means the flight will have a BA flight number (in your itinerary or on your ticket).
'Operated' means the aircraft that you travel on is a British Airways aircraft (including franchises and BACityflyer).

The word mainline is no longer in the T&Cs. Nevertheless BAEC will not provide the GPR benefit on the BA liveried franchises. I raised this with BAEC the other week and asked they look into it. To be fair they did and got back to me a few days later to confirm it as a No. Tis a shame but there we are.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737

Originally Posted by KARFA
Indeed, It is a BA mainline flight run with a normal BA mainline flight number. It is sadly an inability of BA to adapt their policy to their own commercial decision. I think this same issue has been seen when others have operated BA LHR/LGW mainline scheduled flights.
I eventually got the GGL line to do a space release on a Titan operated DBV-LGW over the summer. The initial response that it could not be done since it was not a BA flight, but I persuaded the agent to explain why it was not a BA flight, and she ended up admitting it was a BA flight just they had chosen another airline to operate it. The seat was opened, and ticketed within the hour. (Unfortunately, I did cancel the segment about 1 week before travel, but that is another story).
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I eventually got the GGL line to do a space release on a Titan operated DBV-LGW over the summer. The initial response that it could not be done since it was not a BA flight, but I persuaded the agent to explain why it was not a BA flight, and she ended up admitting it was a BA flight just they had chosen another airline to operate it. The seat was opened, and ticketed within the hour. (Unfortunately, I did cancel the segment about 1 week before travel, but that is another story).
Useful to know that this is possible. When I tried, the agents I spoke to understood what I wanted to do and why it should be possible, but the option was not available on their system to release seats for the flights. This couldn't be overridden by a supervisor either. I think I tried this very early on after the Titan flights were scheduled, so perhaps there's been learning since (or perhaps the GGL line has superior powers which the Gold line does not have!). Either way, thanks for the update.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by BA6501
FWIW the V-class benefit does not apply on Comair.
I've booked a V bucket redemption before on Comair, not recently though. Has this been changed in the last year or so?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.