Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How to redeem Multi-partner reward flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to redeem Multi-partner reward flights?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by leonwan
Is that depend on the agent?

Because I tried to redeem a ticket (HKG-LHR-CPH-HEL-DOH-HKG), the agent said that I should divide it in 2 booking. (HKG-LHR-CPH // HEL-DOH-HKG) costs 56000 Avios in economy class. (CPH-HEL) costs 4500 Avios in economy class. How the agent calculate it?
It seems to have calculated separately, not using multi carrier award.
Based on my experience, yoi have to state explicitly to redeem as Multi-carrier award for them to work coreectly...
Also, you may have higher rate of success if you speak to UK/US/India agents (late night HK time) than Hong Kong team... Different agents have different rules
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Can you still get away without paying BA's monstrous surcharges when you're departing Hong Kong?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by harryhv
Can you still get away without paying BA's monstrous surcharges when you're departing Hong Kong?
Yes, So long as the ticketing completes before 1 Nov
Note, short haul European YQ is charged in any cases, even before 1 Nov
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: ba
oh. I see.
I tried to ask them what is the rule of Multi-carrier award but they just told me to give my itinerary for them to calculate.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by marcolau317
Yes, So long as the ticketing completes before 1 Nov
Note, short haul European YQ is charged in any cases, even before 1 Nov
Is it? I thought they stopped short haul YQ. I just looked at flights to Paris or Helsinki and they don't have any added.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
What's the first rule about fight club?

Take it offline please everyone. For all of our sakes!
s1362083 and cgtechuk like this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:35 pm

If any charitable soul would be willing to help me with one of these, please PM me
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Can any kind soul tell me if the following qualifies for multi partner booking, and would it be classified as economy or business?

AMS - DOH (QR J) - JNB (QR J) and DUR - LHR (BA Y)

I could add JNB - DUR on Comair if it makes a difference.

I have heard that the class of the longest leg, ie DUR - LHR determines what multiple of Avios the trip would be calculated on.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wb1969
Can any kind soul tell me if the following qualifies for multi partner booking, and would it be classified as economy or business?

I have heard that the class of the longest leg, ie DUR - LHR determines what multiple of Avios the trip would be calculated on.
No it would not qualify. You only have QR and BA, but you need need at least two partners - i.e. two airlines other than BA, I think comair would be deemed BA. You can included BA in addition to the two partners.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

Your proposed itinerary only uses one BA partner -- QR -- so it would not qualify for a multi-partner redemption. A Comair flight is still considered as a BA flight, not as a partner flight.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody

Longest leg pricing is correct, but as stated above you need another partner. Bounce through either HEL or MAD on AY/IB and you'd still get in under the 14k mile threshold - provided there is appropriate space. From my mooching around, I would hazard a guess that IB is more likely to have J space open - but there's no substitute for actually searching.

Beware of married segment availability on QR too - not that there's a lot you can do to mitigate.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by etiene
Longest leg pricing is correct, but as stated above you need another partner. Bounce through either HEL or MAD on AY/IB and you'd still get in under the 14k mile threshold - provided there is appropriate space. From my mooching around, I would hazard a guess that IB is more likely to have J space open - but there's no substitute for actually searching.

Beware of married segment availability on QR too - not that there's a lot you can do to mitigate.
I would also highlight that the more a route ceases to resemble the most direct route the more likely it is to be challenged prior to ticketing, which can result in a huge amount of wasted time further down the line. Agreed re the possible addition of partner flights but will be easier if you avoid backtracking, eg HEL-AMS (AY) AMS-DOH (QR) should be easier to book than AMS -HEL (AY) HEL-DOH (QR)
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Fossiebear
I would also highlight that the more a route ceases to resemble the most direct route the more likely it is to be challenged prior to ticketing, which can result in a huge amount of wasted time further down the line. Agreed re the possible addition of partner flights but will be easier if you avoid backtracking, eg HEL-AMS (AY) AMS-DOH (QR) should be easier to book than AMS -HEL (AY) HEL-DOH (QR)
Do you know of any multi-partner award itineraries being rejected because of backtracking? I'm thinking that the no-backtracking rule is a throwback to the days when "regular" BAEC awards were zone-based (with free connections), rather than segment-based. Once BAEC started charging for each segment flown on "regular" awards, I'm guessing that somebody just forgot to delete the no-backtracking rule.

Since multi-partner awards price based on total distance flown, I'm not sure why BA would even care about backtracking on such awards.
​​​​​But if you are aware of multi-partner routings being rejected because of backtracking, that would be important to the discussion.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I am, and it got to the point where their reasons for rejection got to be completely made up and they could not explain why the 'most direct route' rule applied in my case, and not in another. No amount of challenging their rejections got anywhere.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Let's keep the chat about BAs failures to a minimum? They read the board here and some "flaws" we would all rather they don't know
s1362083 and fruitcage like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.