Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Two Week Extension

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by zeltergiset
A tweak on an old question - does anyone know if BA will allow an extension of a period less than 2 weeks?

Looking ahead, it appears I will hit the relevant threshold with a flight 2 days after my year end date. But I have another set of flights 8 days after my year end that, in the circustmances, I would prefer count towards next year's renewal effort.
Something that hasn't been mentioned a lot from what I can see is BA offered me 2 weeks OR 20 points leeway instead, the latter which I agreed upon.

If the flight takes you up to 20 points within, you'd be fine if the same treatment is applied.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
Thanks, that's good to know. Unfortunately I'm fine on TPs though - what will tip me over the threshold 2 days after my year-end will be my 3rd and 4th BA flights. Suspect they will not make an allowance there.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:35 am

what do you mean by 20 points leeway? They were happy to accept 580 TP instead of 600?

also last year I was renewed and they kept 40 points for the second flight i took on my extension period, on the new year.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD, Star Alliance, HH Gold
Thanks to the shared knowledge and experience of the FT community my 5 year old grandson has now reached BAEC Silver. He was 100 TP's short when his points reset in May but earned 100 TP's a week later. I passed on my knowledge from FT to my son and after a simple call they confirmed the request was within the 2 week grace period.
As my son is currently silver it means my grandson can now guest either his mother or sister in the lounges.
Nice gesture from BA. Could possibly encourage our grandson to fly with BA in future years.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G), BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I have a small question regarding the two week extension: my tier point year ends on 8 September, but I am taking a flight from New York to London departing on 22 September, arriving 23 September that would allow me to renew gold. Has anyone by any chance had a similar situation in the past and could confirm whether departing 22 September / arriving 23 September will fall within the two week extension period?

Thank you!
Old Aug 17, 2019, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Christian K
I have a small question regarding the two week extension: my tier point year ends on 8 September, but I am taking a flight from New York to London departing on 22 September, arriving 23 September that would allow me to renew gold. Has anyone by any chance had a similar situation in the past and could confirm whether departing 22 September / arriving 23 September will fall within the two week extension period?

Thank you!
for any flight it’s always the departure date that counts so no issue about next day arrival
Christian K likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi. I think I'm having some issue with my request. I was 135 TPs short for gold when my TP year reset. All 4 BA segments requirement have been fulfilled. I took a flight and got 140 TPs more a week after. I immediately called BA to make a request. It is now more than a month since the request has been made and my tier remains the same. I have called them twice after my initial call. The agents were all helpful and raised the request again and again, each time they told me to wait seven days but nothing happened. I've already sent them an email and PM a few days ago.

Do you think there's anything I could do or I am the few unlucky ones out there whose request did not go through?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by zeltergiset
Thanks, that's good to know. Unfortunately I'm fine on TPs though - what will tip me over the threshold 2 days after my year-end will be my 3rd and 4th BA flights. Suspect they will not make an allowance there.
doesn't the two week extension work for flights taken as well?
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
And what happened?

Originally Posted by kornner
Hi. I think I'm having some issue with my request. I was 135 TPs short for gold when my TP year reset. All 4 BA segments requirement have been fulfilled. I took a flight and got 140 TPs more a week after. I immediately called BA to make a request. It is now more than a month since the request has been made and my tier remains the same. I have called them twice after my initial call. The agents were all helpful and raised the request again and again, each time they told me to wait seven days but nothing happened. I've already sent them an email and PM a few days ago.

Do you think there's anything I could do or I am the few unlucky ones out there whose request did not go through?

In the same boat..having made a number of calls.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by testycal
Very similar story here. 3 days after my fourth call still not yielding any result I contacted the twitter team and 2 days later I got a confirmation email from the BAEC team.
I then dropped bronze for a day or two but then silver status indded was reinstated.

Here’s the kicker: my card validity now shows 30 November 2021. I’m not sure if this is the norm or perhaps the process took too long and the system technically considered my reinstatement as a mid-year upgrade...?

Good luck to all.
jonr405 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm 5 points short at present with my year ending today. Two flights tomorrow, so let's see what happens (expecting a blue card).
Never actually fell slightly short before.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Remember your status year will end on 31st January 2020 so plenty of time to apply for the grace period once the TPS have posted

if you are expecting a blue card then you’re bronze at the moment yet your profile says you are GGL ...
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Remember your status year will end on 31st January 2020 so plenty of time to apply for the grace period once the TPS have posted

if you are expecting a blue card then you’re bronze at the moment yet your profile says you are GGL ...
Sure BA don't see me as anything more than blue 99% of the time . Definitely GGL.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 9:41 am

Still waiting although call center advises request is pending

Originally Posted by testycal
Nothing like the few days I have been advised by the EC agents however.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:40 am

Now getting nervous...now 40 days since I made the request for extension. Promised multiple times it would be taken care of and was in process. Benefits end Dec 31. I am flying Jan 9. Suggestions who to follow up with at this point?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.