Splitting miniature spirit bottles

Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Can I help you

I will tell you who, people like me with good taste.
I’m with you on this. Never got the lime thing - lemon all the way, I suspected that it was our American cousins who did the lime slice, but that was just a guess.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Littlegirl

This isn’t the standard in CE though. On a Dublin, you should be given the miniature and the mixer to mix yourself.
M/F crew who fly both longhaul and shorthaul, seem to get confused.
Well look who the wind blew in overnight, how about staying around as I miss you?
Looks like you haven’t read the whole thread though.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by Greenpen
But what were you drinking? If you had had six vodkas too then he probably thought you were immune to alcohol too as between you you were solving the world's problems! (And, of course, they probably had run out of spirits.)
I had two bottles of Castelnau - I was only going to have one but thought it only polite to keep him company!
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:29 am

I take a couple of mini chambord which I top up from big bottle at home to compliment the castelnau- because I am very classy.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA 3MM, UA 1MM
Single measure drinks in Club Europe.

I ordered a gin and tonic and was surprised to have half a miniature poured into the glass and toped up with tonic. I asked if I could also have the remaining half and the part used tonic can but. this was politely declined and I was informed that I could have as many drinks as I wished but they would all be served this way.
I then observed that champagne was now served from full bottles but wine given in 1/4 bottles.
A 1/4 bottle obviously being more than a 'single measure'.

Who manages to think up these 'enhancements'?

I prefer to mix my own drinks to my own liking and it also only increases the workload on the cabin crew. Another win - win enhancement?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Ridiculous, can't be right
What would be the point in giving half measures, especially half a 250ml can of tonic?
​​​​​​if a person just wants a tonic water, do they also get a half can?
if you want another drink 2 hours later, do they bring you the other half of your can, someone else's can (both going a little flat by now), or open a fresh one?

But if you are sitting the other side of the curtain, you would get the whole double measures and full mixer as you are paying for them?
​​​​

Last edited by Fatdickie; Apr 17, 2019 at 12:37 am Reason: Adding
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I’ve always been chucked two gins and two tonics and left to mix myself when requesting a large G&T even as recently as Thursday
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I’ve always been chucked two gins and two tonics and left to mix myself when requesting a large G&T even as recently as Thursday
likewise
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:21 am

Assuming that there isn't more going on here that we don't know about (shortage of gin?), this sounds like the crew member was fighting a turf/control war.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:31 am

I'm guessing this is Mixed fleet route and the crew were mixing up long haul and short haul service standards. On shorthaul you should be given the miniature and mixer to mix yourself (quite frankly we don't have the time to mix drinks for you!). Champagne is only in large bottles in longer flights, it's still served in quarter bottles on shorter flights.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
Champagne is only in large bottles in longer flights, it's still served in quarter bottles on shorter flights.
Well that's interesting. My son (he's well over 18) and I flew LCA-LHR last month in seats 1A/1C. The CSM couldn't restrain himself from keeping our glasses filled, me with champagne from a full-size bottle, and my son from multiple (full) miniatures of G and cans of T. We had to admit defeat in the end, but it was very pleasant (I think I recall)...
george77300 and Fatdickie like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: KLM FB Gold, LH M&M
The galley on BA flights will soon look like the Queen Vic or Rover's Return, featuring a row of optics with watered down spirits.
All lockable, of course, for when the crew are not on duty.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by mikem004
The galley on BA flights will soon look like the Queen Vic or Rover's Return, featuring a row of optics with watered down spirits.
All lockable, of course, for when the crew are not on duty.
I recently flew AeroMexico on a flight to and from LAX to MEX. On the drinks cart, they had full size 750ml bottles of spirits. No optics were used though!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
Originally Posted by fotographer
BA never gives me enough ice for my G and T
and while I am at it, I prefer lime over lemon... Who drinks a G and T with lemon?
AA only served lime with G&T in domestic F last week.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:25 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
LHR-AUH in CW last weekend & a full miniature bottle of gin plus the tonic can were both dispensed by the senior crew member - rightfully IMO - better to have drinks served/mixed the way we like them!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.