Wiki Posts
Search

Cancellation Compensation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Cancellation Compensation

Could somebody give me an idea as to how long to wait for BA compensation to appear....I've heard nothing since a cancelled flight in Europe including an overnight stay some four weeks ago.
Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
I'm presuming that you have actually made a claim and aren't just waiting for BA to compensate you? If that's the case then I'd call them up and ask. 4 weeks seems to be on the long side going by recent experience.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I was on my PC the minute I got back home, form completed accurately, complete with photo documentary evidence.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by mike turnbull
Thanks. I was on my PC the minute I got back home, form completed accurately, complete with photo documentary evidence.
Maybe they have a backlog but there's no harm in calling just to prompt them
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
My last cancellation was on 9 October, I submitted the claim on 10 Oct and the €600 compensation was paid into my bank a/c on 18 Oct. Hope this helps.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mike turnbull
Could somebody give me an idea as to how long to wait for BA compensation to appear....I've heard nothing since a cancelled flight in Europe including an overnight stay some four weeks ago.
Thanks.
It may depend on the reason for the cancellation as to whether or not compensation is due.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Forgive me for raising this again, but as of today, 31st.....still not heard a word. I raised a formal complaint yesterday so I now have two reference numbers. The point I was going to make was the telephone side of BA. I was given a direct line to Customer Services, (uk) 0191 423 8749. I find it surprising that the opening hours are only Mon Fri 13.00 / 17.00. To try and get through is a bit like pulling teeth....usual thing ...."we are currently experiencing long waiting times etc." I've just had to give up, I really feel that a 40 minute wait today is totally unacceptable.
After the best part of six weeks, I really feel that I should have heard something by now. Any further ideas or should I continue to be patient and carry on waiting ?
Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Carry on waiting?

Duplication of original message., sorry.

Last edited by mike turnbull; Oct 31, 2018 at 11:22 am Reason: Duplication
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
To spare yourself the irritation why don't you just send them a letter before action with your reference numbers, give them 14 days to respond and then go down the MCOL route. Much lower blood pressure.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
I missed a connection due to OTP-LHR arriving late on 10th October. I submitted a claim for expenses (hotel and refreshments) on 11th October and received a response on 30th October, informing me that a cheque is in the post. So, 19 days to resolve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.