Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA 292 IAD-LHR cancellation 22nd October 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive

My parents were booked on this flight but received an email yesterday saying that the flight had been cancelled and they've been moved onto the earlier BA216.

I assume since the cancellation was done with 2 days notice before the original flight that they would be eligible for EU261 600 EUR pp compensation? Do they claim for this after the flight?

Thank you!
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Cityguy1
My parents were booked on this flight but received an email yesterday saying that the flight had been cancelled and they've been moved onto the earlier BA216.

I assume since the cancellation was done with 2 days notice before the original flight that they would be eligible for EU261 600 EUR pp compensation? Do they claim for this after the flight?

Thank you!
Depends on how much earlier the flight is. I think if it's more than 2 hours earlier or 4 hours later then EU261 is payable but someone more expert might come along to confirm
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a dedicated thread to EC261 available via the Dashboard which gives the full details, but I guess they are now leaving 4 hours earlier than planned, which would enable EC261. albeit at half the full rate (300€ per person). This is assuming no extraordinary circumstances, and at this remove it is unlikely: Expertflyer's Dispatch details for the flight give the cause as DAMY, which means Damaged Aircraft and Yes to EC261.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by firstlight
Depends on how much earlier the flight is. I think if it's more than 2 hours earlier or 4 hours later then EU261 is payable but someone more expert might come along to confirm
The earlier flight arrives 3 hours 40 mins earlier than the original flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.