Wiki Posts
Search

Finally made Gold!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Surrey CCC
Finally made Gold!

Finally made Gold after a long time trying! This is the first time in my life that I've reached the top-tier of any frequent flyer programme. Thanks to all of the members on this forum for their tips on how to reach these hallowed grounds. Already I'm seeing the benefits and I look to experience many more as I fly on numerous trips to the Middle East over the next few weeks!
Markie, dcmike, endoman and 19 others like this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Congratulations. Hope you get a lot out of the benefits that come with the status you have achieved.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:39 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And congratulations from me too, I hope you enjoy using the First Wing - as well as all the extra Avios.....
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:50 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Killian_S
Already I'm seeing the benefits and I look to experience many more as I fly on numerous trips to the Middle East over the next few weeks!
What are the major benefits you've noticed that have changed since you become GCH?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Congratulations!!

The extra Avios soon add up!
T8191 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC at last back to Gold, Flying Blue, Red with the Bearded One, Accor, Finnair Plus Blue
Congratulations. Definitely worth it as far as I am concerned as I found that when I was GOLD I got offered more long haul upgrades from PE to CW. Enjoy the First Lounge.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by thundercat
Congratulations. Definitely worth it as far as I am concerned as I found that when I was GOLD I got offered more long haul upgrades from PE to CW. Enjoy the First Lounge.
And occasionally from CW to F 😀
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Sealink
Congratulations!!

The extra Avios soon add up!
The same 2 messages from me

Yes, the First Wing at LHR is nice if you use LHR a lot. Lounge access also nice elsewhere when not flying J/F. But Avois earning, especially when augmented by the BA Amex PP card, means no shortage of those semi-worthless little thingies!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Surrey CCC
Thanks very much everyone - yes, these are uncharted waters for me, so will be interested to see how it all works. I took my first flight yesterday and there was an almighty queue at the First Wing! But I liked the exclusive and private nature of the check-in area, and a lady came with a refreshment towel. First lounge was jammed solid, so went outside instead. Other than the check-in experience, no difference to when I was Silver... no fancy welcomes on board, no upgrade to F, etc..

Early days yet but let's see!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Getting caught in the half-term rush was an unfortunate introduction to the First Wing (see DYKWIA Thread)

Expect very little, to avoid disappointment!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:54 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
and a lady came with a refreshment towel.
Was it a rag soaked in warm water poured over it?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
What are the major benefits you've noticed that have changed since you become GCH?
I turned Gold for the first time in Sept this year and the two immediate benefits I noticed - increase in Avios earned is significant and reward availability is suddenly much more apparent.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Finally made Gold after a long time trying! This is the first time in my life that I've reached the top-tier of any frequent flyer programme. Thanks to all of the members on this forum for their tips on how to reach these hallowed grounds. Already I'm seeing the benefits and I look to experience many more as I fly on numerous trips to the Middle East over the next few weeks!
Congratulations Killian_S on reaching Gold! Wholeheartedly concur with your comments. I also reached Gold for the first time 1 week ago and it's thanks to the phenomenal members of FT from whom I've learnt a lot. Thanks to everyone - looking forward to exploring the benefits of Gold now!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
for me:
First Wing is usually between 0-2 people queuing (big exception on early Monday mornings)
First Lounge food is a nice step up from business lounges
an increased %age of blocked middle seats on short haul
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
As a frequent flyer to Helsinki, the terminal 3 LHR lounges ar the main benefits for me! Congratulations!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.