Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can I book BA and AS flights using Avios in one booking?

Old Oct 20, 18, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver

I can't be the first person wanting this but I can't find the answer on forums.. can I redeem say LHR-SEA on BA metal following by SEA-ANC on AS using avios in one booking? I know it must be done by phone but is there any issue with redeeming a mix of BA and non-OW partner under one booking? I think OW partner (e.g. AA) mixed with AS is a can of worms I don't want to touch!
Old Oct 20, 18, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Yes that is certainly possible, and you just pay the avios per segment. If you mix two partners, (e.g AA and JL on one booking), then you pay according to the multi-partner award chart which is distance based not segment based.
s1362083 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 18, 4:39 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
It's possible, and the multipartner chart would not work in this case (e.g. a single itinerary with BA, AA, IB and AS would attract per-segment pricing, even though BA, AA and IB would fall under the multipartner chart).
s1362083 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: