Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

£100 off Longhaul Y for 5,000 Avios - this weekend only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

£100 off Longhaul Y for 5,000 Avios - this weekend only

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Glad I caught this just in time. A long weekend in NYC for £200 certainly makes the cheap seats manageable.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by williamn78
As a slight aside to this, I'm looking at going to LAX. No way I'm going in a 787 in Y. Is the A380 or 474 preferable in Y?
A380 hands down. The Upper deck in a window seat is a relatively comfortable ride. It's a small cabin and you get personal storage in the bin between the window and your seat.

747 you'd be lucky if your IFE works.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Just totalling up the Beirut fare, I make this:

Base fare £308
Double the difference voucher £60 based on the quote of £278 I had yesterday
£100 discount

So net cash position is £148

Avios for promo -5000
Avios for GCH 6498
Double base Avios 4332
Avios for Amex Prem Plus purchase 624

Net avios 6454

So at 1p per, this is about £64 and the net fare is £84. Books in N for 70 TP.

My initial reaction is "BACK OF THE NET! CASHBACK". Quite pleased with this one.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:07 am

Hi everyone. I managed to buy some good flights yesterday night using this promotion but it was really late, I literally paid for them few minutes before midnight. This didn’t give me a chance to submit the price match guarantee form to BA as they request the form to be submitted on the same day of purchase. Considering it was few minutes until midnight and I didn’t have a chance to submit it on the same day, how likely is it that BA will honour my form if I submit it today? Any ideas?
Thank you so much.

Last edited by greycloud01; Oct 23, 2018 at 5:08 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by greycloud01
Hi everyone. I managed to buy some good flights yesterday night using this promotion but it was really late, I literally paid for them few minutes before midnight. This didn’t give me a chance to submit the price match guarantee form to BA as they request the form to be submitted on the same day of purchase. Considering it was few minutes until midnight and I didn’t have a chance to submit it on the same day, how likely is it that BA will honour my form if I submit it today? Any ideas?
Thank you so much.
The official answer according to the Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions is that:

Claims can only be accepted through the online form. No telephone BPGR claims will be accepted. Incomplete BPGR forms will be ineligible. Forms must be received by ba.com no later than midnight on the same day you purchased your flight(s) (based on local time of departure country). BA reserves the right to verify evidence of the Lower Online Fare available for purchase at the lower price. BA is not responsible for any BPGR forms which are not received or delayed in transmission.

I have no idea if there is any flexibility on this, there can be with other non-related BA matters, if you explained the circumstances but don't be surprised with a no.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ce-promise#tcs

Finally welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board greycloud01, even if you don't get the Best Price Guarantee I am sure somewhere along the line you will see other good deals here and elsewhere on FT. There are many topics with their own dedicated threads which you can find in the BA Forum Dashboard or even a raw Google search can throw up threads too.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BA707
A380 hands down. The Upper deck in a window seat is a relatively comfortable ride. It's a small cabin and you get personal storage in the bin between the window and your seat.

747 you'd be lucky if your IFE works.
The 747 to LAX does have the newly installed IFE; which is very decent. I would however take the upper deck economy if I had to. But I wouldn't either way
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
I did something a little different.

Atlanta was around £300 on BA metal. The AA option via ORD on the outbound and MIA on the inbound was a little cheaper. Spent 3800 Avios to bring the price down to £240, however due to the extra two segments on AA ORD-ATL/ATL-MIA I get a few extra Avios and tier points for £40 extra.

Whether that was the best value or not, who knows, but I'm happy enough with my purchase. Although I cant say I'm looking forward to the old BA 747 on the flight back from MIA too much.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: British Airways Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, AMEX plat
Managed to make use of this twice! I'm taking my gran, who has never been to America, to NYC as her Christmas present, and my partner to NYC for celebrating graduation (I hope)! As a student, these types of deals are really useful to me, so thanks for highlighting it!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
I'd be first to jump on a deal like this one but it just doesn't work out for me. Looking to go to SFO for the weekend 23-25 March, BA Basic Economy is £410, with this offer drops to £310. Virgin on the other hand with similar flight timings, is £290 Economy Light - no bag, no seat selection - or £330 Economy Classic -, bag included, seat selection, accrues more miles and is upgradeable to Premium.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
I did something a little different.

Atlanta was around £300 on BA metal. The AA option via ORD on the outbound and MIA on the inbound was a little cheaper. Spent 3800 Avios to bring the price down to £240, however due to the extra two segments on AA ORD-ATL/ATL-MIA I get a few extra Avios and tier points for £40 extra.

Whether that was the best value or not, who knows, but I'm happy enough with my purchase. Although I cant say I'm looking forward to the old BA 747 on the flight back from MIA too much.
How does seat selection work for AA metal on BA flight numbers as Gold on a presumably Basic fare for the domestics? Is it pay for selection?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AMBurns1512
Managed to make use of this twice! I'm taking my gran, who has never been to America, to NYC as her Christmas present, and my partner to NYC for celebrating graduation (I hope)! As a student, these types of deals are really useful to me, so thanks for highlighting it!
What a lovely post. I hope my grandchildren are as kind to me in my old age.
Don't forget Gran will need to get an ESTA
Have a great trip together.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by gcuk
How does seat selection work for AA metal on BA flight numbers as Gold on a presumably Basic fare for the domestics? Is it pay for selection?
If seating is driven by the operating airline's policy, then no seat selection at all, even at check-in.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gcuk
Automatically assigned MCE on all three sectors for free. Yet it would appear that I'll be charged to move to standard economy.
gcuk likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
The official answer according to the Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions is that:

Claims can only be accepted through the online form. No telephone BPGR claims will be accepted. Incomplete BPGR forms will be ineligible. Forms must be received by ba.com no later than midnight on the same day you purchased your flight(s) (based on local time of departure country). BA reserves the right to verify evidence of the Lower Online Fare available for purchase at the lower price. BA is not responsible for any BPGR forms which are not received or delayed in transmission.

I have no idea if there is any flexibility on this, there can be with other non-related BA matters, if you explained the circumstances but don't be surprised with a no.

Finally welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board greycloud01, even if you don't get the Best Price Guarantee I am sure somewhere along the line you will see other good deals here and elsewhere on FT. There are many topics with their own dedicated threads which you can find in the BA Forum Dashboard or even a raw Google search can throw up threads too.
Thank you for your response. I gave it a go and submitted the form two days after my booking (yesterday night). In the form I chose the date of the booking as the date on which I found the cheaper deal. No screenshots were needed at this stage, just the form and some flight details. To my surprise, I got an email this morning saying I qualify for the voucher and issued £60 to me Very pleased so just wanted to let everyone know in case they were wondering if it’s too late after the booking day has passed.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:42 pm

Just to add another reference point on a delayed price guarantee claim. Along with another thanks to the forum!

Booked a flight on Sunday evening, read the price guarantee post on this thread so submitted a claim on Tuesday morning. Received a reply this morning, apologising for the delay in replying (!) and including an £80 voucher.

Ended up being £180 return LHR to JFK, less than the price of the train to London!
MaxFlyer and PETER01 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.