Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

£100 off Longhaul Y for 5,000 Avios - this weekend only

£100 off Longhaul Y for 5,000 Avios - this weekend only

Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by streetmagix
Has this sort of promotion been run before? I'm currently saving up for a trip to Sydney and Brisbane next year so I'll be skipping this one despite all the great offers.
I can't recall one directly like this, and it is generous, however there used to be less generous offers where part pay with Avios was valuing around 1.5p each, rather than 2p here. However these offers wouldn't have an end point - you could trade in more than 5,000 Avios. So I think this is in the "delight and surprise" marketing playbook. Usually part pay with Avios is poor value for money.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For the record, I am putting down the Ts&Cs, which should be read in conjunction with the general terms and conditions for part pay by Avios.
  1. This offer is available to British Airways Executive Club Members resident in the United Kingdom who have an Avios balance of 5000 or more (Eligible Members).
  2. Eligible Members must be logged into their Executive Club account at ba.com or call via a British Airways contact centre to participate in this offer.
  3. The offer is available when booking any British Airways operated long haul flight in a World Traveller (economy) cabin only, departing from the UK (Eligible Flight). Any routes from the UK to the following countries/destinations are excluded from this offer: Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria and Saint Petersburg in Russia.
  4. The offer entitles Eligible Members booking Eligible Flights at ba.com or via a British Airways contact centre, to receive a discount of £100 per person in exchange for 5000 Avios per person (for up to 9 persons within one booking). If there is more than one person on the booking, the Member must have 5000 Avios per person in their account to take advantage of this offer. E.g. for a return booking with four people, the Member must have 20,000 Avios to save £100 per person.
  5. Eligible bookings can be made at ba.com or via a British Airways contact centre. Bookings made over the telephone from the UK and Ireland will carry a non-refundable £10 offline booking fee per person per ticket. Calls cost up to 5p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles may vary.
  6. This offer is available on eligible bookings from Friday 19 October to 23.59(BST) Monday 22 October 2018 for travel from Friday 19 October 2018 to Wednesday 9 October 2019.
  7. The Executive Club Terms and Conditions and Conditions of Use apply to this offer and can be found at ba.com.
  8. BA reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this offer.
Current weblink
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ffers/gift-box
Elevate likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
I've ended up with a weekend in JNB on the exact dates I was looking at for £350...happy with that :-)
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I think it's a really clever and well judged promotion. Real props to BA marketing on this one. It's allowing a lot of people to get a good saving, and it's also highlighting the fact that BA has some excellent LH fares and leading people to look at the destinations that are on offer. It is possible to game it a bit, but not to the extent of the IB 90000 promo.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA should be pretty quick on the Price Match Guarantee. I submitted my claim last night (having taken about 7 screenshots in advance) and was pleased to receive an email this morning with the voucher. Very easy process. Big thanks to Bisonrav for explaining the process in his post.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by bisonrav
As a gold, I get 6498 Avios back, and because it's in the double avios this year period, I get double base avios too, which I think totals 2166. So net 3664 avios.
Hi bisonrav,
Nice work putting that itinerary together. Rows 9-11 on both sides have A/C and D/F taken so looks like a few others have taken your lead.
Perhaps time for a DO thread?

I could be wrong with the interpretation of the double avios, but perhaps:
One way in N would earn 3249 for golds + double base (1083 x 2 = 2166) = 5415 each way, so a return would be 10830, -5000 promo giving a net of 5830.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:05 am

In 9C and 20C out and back. You're probably right about the double base avios, I wasn't sure what to base the calculation on. All to the good!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by estrangeiro8
BA should be pretty quick on the Price Match Guarantee. I submitted my claim last night (having taken about 7 screenshots in advance) and was pleased to receive an email this morning with the voucher. Very easy process. Big thanks to Bisonrav for explaining the process in his post.
Likewise got the evoucher this morning for a claim submitted at 23:00 on a Sunday which is pretty impressive. This has turned out to be a pretty good deal. Shame AMM is a bit more expensive otherwise I would have jumped on that too!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:11 am

Are we quorate for a do yet?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by ceej123

Likewise got the evoucher this morning for a claim submitted at 23:00 on a Sunday which is pretty impressive. .....
Me too. Thanks bisonrav for highlighting this as my confused brain had originally compared the price from the OTA with the BA price after the £100 was taken off. Silly me.

Very envious of the Beirut trip and would have loved to participate. But already booked on a not terribly £/TP efficient OTP-PHX trip over those dates because I actually need to go to PHX. Though I suppose I didn't have to start in OTP.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
Does the usual 24hr cooling off period apply to this? I have a slight speculative booking to make and want to do it before this deal ends!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:48 pm

Yes, cancellation applies but I wouldn't expect 72 hour hold to work
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:56 pm

As a slight aside to this, I'm looking at going to LAX. No way I'm going in a 787 in Y. Is the A380 or 474 preferable in Y?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:03 pm

744? A380 is preferable for space and general quality of environment reasons - if travelling solo, try and get 25D which is the extra legroom aisle seat.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:04 pm

Sorry, 747! Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.