Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

£100 off Longhaul Y for 5,000 Avios - this weekend only

£100 off Longhaul Y for 5,000 Avios - this weekend only

Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:38 am

I haven't flown in economy for year but doing a quick shopping trip. Are the twin seat 39- best for 2 people. I am gold and he is silver. Thanks
Old Oct 20, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Weird isn't it that I get preparatory flight emails for trips that are 5 months away, but I didn't get an email about this deal - despite being eligible and despite my email preferences. So, once again, a useful heads up from FT even though I am unable to take advantage this time.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Weird isn't it that I get preparatory flight emails for trips that are 5 months away, but I didn't get an email about this deal - despite being eligible and despite my email preferences. So, once again, a useful heads up from FT even though I am unable to take advantage this time.
I also didn't get an email despite having email preferances being to include me on all marketing! Part of me also wants to thank FT for pointing it out, although now I can see this becoming an expensive weekend! Thank goodness I only have 15k Avios left so will only end up booking three trips tonight...!
Old Oct 20, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Quick question, I’ll be silver soon, tempted for a quick couple days in New York or Boston. I’ve had longer flights in Europe!

With silver do I get to pick seats on the basic hand baggage fare? Or do I need to book plus?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by pacenotes
Quick question, I’ll be silver soon, tempted for a quick couple days in New York or Boston. I’ve had longer flights in Europe!

With silver do I get to pick seats on the basic hand baggage fare? Or do I need to book plus?
You get it free on every ticket from the time you hit silver.
pacenotes likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
OK, here's a nice TP efficient possibility I just booked, which stacks everything available to the max.

I'm booking LHR to Beirut 16th November to 18th (Sunday). Turns essentially into a Saturday in Beirut because of the timings. The outbound is 15.15 on the Friday and it returns Sunday morning, so minimal holiday required.

Base fare is £308, reduces to £208 with the 5000 Avios discount. As a gold, I get 6498 Avios back, and because it's in the double avios this year period, I get double base avios too, which I think totals 2166. So net 3664 avios.

There are cheaper dates for a long weekend in Beirut, BUT, this weekend the fare is available via travelpack (and few other OTAs, easiest route is to look via Skyscanner) for £278. So assuming BA allow the claim (no reason why they shouldn't, it seems very clear cut) that will bring back £60 as a voucher via best price guarantee double the difference. So we are getting about £95 back on vouchers and avios. So nets out to a very reasonable £120ish return.

Books in N so 70 TP.

I'm quite pleased with this one - main risk factor being the price promise and obviously if you're not gold you won't get the full avios stash returned.

Anyone who wants to join me is very welcome. I'll be trying to get the remaining value of the fare back in LPGS in the CCR and could probably do with help.

Quite possible something similar can be constructed using other destinations, always worth checking on the price promise I think.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Beirut?

Might give that a miss.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG
Is this a per person deal? I just priced up a trip to CPT next year for 2 people and it offered me 200 pounds off for 10,000 avios
hungry likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by dibbs98
Is this a per person deal? I just priced up a trip to CPT next year for 2 people and it offered me 200 pounds off for 10,000 avios
Per person. Just got £200 off the spine-killing LGW-JFK for two.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by stevebintley

You get it free on every ticket from the time you hit silver.
Do you get the Silver luggage allowance as well or is that asking too much for a HBO only fare?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by endoman
Do you get the Silver luggage allowance as well or is that asking too much for a HBO only fare?
No. Unless you fly the same flight booked via AA or AY. BA does not look after its own on HBO bookings.
endoman likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by flyuk
Beirut?

Might give that a miss.
I was there weekend before last as a short city break...fully enjoyable weekend and really interesting city. Totally safe and with £100 quid off great value too! I'd recommend as a destination for sure!
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by stevebintley
I was there weekend before last as a short city break...fully enjoyable weekend and really interesting city. Totally safe and with £100 quid off great value too! I'd recommend as a destination for sure!
Fairly inexpensive hotels too. How did you get around?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Fairly inexpensive hotels too. How did you get around?
The hotel (Radisson Martinez) picked me up from the airport but everything else was by foot. I walked eleven miles on the Sunday! Crossing some roads can be 'entertaining' since driving is erratic but otherwise it's a great way to admire the buildings and it was the perfect temperature. I was told there are some fantastic parts of the country a short drive away but I wasn't there long enough to venture outside the city; there was enough to keep me busy!
bisonrav likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:53 pm

I chose the Radisson too - was it a free airport transfer?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.